• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fodderwing
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2022

Reportedly a Deal is Done

Encourage states to implement red flag laws, improve school security and check juvenile records on 18-21 year olds purchasing guns.

• LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Amazing. That should solve any future problems.

Who knew that all we had to do was pass another law that only affects people who follow laws?

Worst school shooting in history: Beslan, Russia, 2004 (333 murdered)
    2nd: Garissa, Kenya, 2015 (148 Christians selectively murdered)
    3rd worst mass shooting (school): Peshawar, Pakistan, 2014 (141 murdered)
    4th: Paris attacks, 2015 (130 murdered)
    5th: Norway attacks, 2011, (77 murdered)
    6th: Nairobi, Kenya, 2013, (67 murdered)
    7th: Vegas shooting, 2017, (58 murdered)
    8th: South Korea shooting, 1982, (56 murdered by a police officer with 2x M-2 Carbines and hand grenades)
    9th: New Zealand Mosque shooting, 2019, (51 murdered)
    10th: Orlando night club shooting, 2016, (49 murdered)

How silly of all these nations and jurisdictions. All they needed to do was pass some laws to prevent all of these mass murders.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      Amazing. That should solve any future problems.

Who knew that all we had to do was pass another law that only affects people who follow laws?

Worst school shooting in history: Beslan, Russia, 2004 (333 murdered)
      2nd: Garissa, Kenya, 2015 (148 Christians selectively murdered)
      3rd worst mass shooting (school): Peshawar, Pakistan, 2014 (141 murdered)
      4th: Paris attacks, 2015 (130 murdered)
      5th: Norway attacks, 2011, (77 murdered)
      6th: Nairobi, Kenya, 2013, (67 murdered)
      7th: Vegas shooting, 2017, (58 murdered)
      8th: South Korea shooting, 1982, (56 murdered by a police officer with 2x M-2 Carbines and hand grenades)
      9th: New Zealand Mosque shooting, 2019, (51 murdered)
      10th: Orlando night club shooting, 2016, (49 murdered)

How silly of all these nations and jurisdictions. All they needed to do was pass some laws to prevent all of these mass murders.
      Excellent information, I'm going to use that in my discussions with anti gunners...

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Pretty much all the mass shootings (non warfare) are already illegal. The only exception that comes to mind was in New York when the cops injured 9 people (most by ricochets, but two were apparently not ricochet) other than the bad guy (plus the bad guy). They weren't prosecuted, apparently they were just doing their job.

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• JASmith
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2014

Senator Diane Feinstein rarely responds to my notes regarding the second amendment, but the usual response is a lecture rather than any opening for discussion.

This most recent used the statistic "People with firearms kill more than 35,000 individuals...each year" as justification for wanting to ban "assau;t weapons."

I did a bit of research on another mass-killing topic and responded with this:

Thanks for your note.

I see that 35,000 deaths per year are from gun violence.

I also note that abortions kill about 25 times as many people.

Perhaps you can save more lives by preventing abortions.
          In a more detailed search later, I discovered that my numbers were possibly in error but can't be sure what years she uses for her statistic. Here are the numbers for 2019, the most recent year for which statistics are available:

For every firearm related death in the USA, fifteen to twenty people are killed by abortion.

Firearms: 2019 39707 (https://www.statista.com/statistics/...united-states/)

Abortions: 625,346 (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/ss/ss7009a1.htm) Does not include California California, Maryland, and New Hampshire making a probable undercount of 30% based on relative populations.
          Last edited by JASmith; 06-13-2022, 12:56 AM.
          shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
          -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
            Senator Diane Feinstein rarely responds to my notes regarding the second amendment, but the usual response is a lecture rather than any opening for discussion.

This most recent used the statistic "People with firearms kill more than 35,000 individuals...each year" as justification for wanting to ban "assau;t weapons."

I did a bit of research on another mass-killing topic and responded with this:

In a more detailed search later, I discovered that my numbers were possibly in error but can't be sure what years she uses for her statistic. Here are the numbers for 2019, the most recent year for which statistics are available:
            She should watch this, well worth the time...

Comment

• SDW
              Warrior
              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
              Would she respond to anything at all these days? I've read that she's in decline and isn't doing much anymore. She's coming up on 90 years old now, isn't she?

And in any case, I think she's always (in her political career) been incapable of objectivity on this subject. Her boss was gunned down right in front of her way back in the day. No lawyer would allow a person with her history to sit a jury for any kind of violent crime.

Comment

• Old Bob
                Warrior
                • Oct 2019

FullRetard.jpg
                I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• JASmith
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SDW View Post
                  Would she respond to anything at all these days? I've read that she's in decline and isn't doing much anymore. She's coming up on 90 years old now, isn't she?

And in any case, I think she's always (in her political career) been incapable of objectivity on this subject. Her boss was gunned down right in front of her way back in the day. No lawyer would allow a person with her history to sit a jury for any kind of violent crime.
                  shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                  -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• lazyengineer
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2019

In that list of mass killings with firearms - still rookie numbers compared to what a depressed airline pilot can do...

131 innocent lives of people just going about their day, killed by one lunatic. In a highly screened secure zone with no firearms involved.

Pilot did it.

The reality is most mass-killing events are suicides. The best way to stop mass killings, isn't just general catch-all of "mental health". It's suicide prevention. Suicidal people don't always have a long history of mental health issues - they can be normal people just starting to lose it. Investments into suicide prevention and support aren't just valuable on face-value; they're valuable at mitigating shit like this too.
                    4x P100

Comment

• montana
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
                      In that list of mass killings with firearms - still rookie numbers compared to what a depressed airline pilot can do...

131 innocent lives of people just going about their day, killed by one lunatic. In a highly screened secure zone with no firearms involved.

Pilot did it.

The reality is most mass-killing events are suicides. The best way to stop mass killings, isn't just general catch-all of "mental health". It's suicide prevention. Suicidal people don't always have a long history of mental health issues - they can be normal people just starting to lose it. Investments into suicide prevention and support aren't just valuable on face-value; they're valuable at mitigating shit like this too.
                      Here is another one: https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...ing-150-people

Comment

• biodsl
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
                        Great insight. Telling that its posted on a gun forum and not in some professional journal. Then again, calls for gun control from the mental health profession is not about preventing gun deaths.
                        Last edited by biodsl; 06-14-2022, 01:17 AM.
                        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• CJW
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2019

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2017

DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• lazyengineer
                              Chieftain
                              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by montana View Post
                              And another one - 239 people. One depressed pilot.

Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 carrying 239 people vanished without a trace on March 8, 2014, shortly after leaving Kuala Lumpur for Beijing.  
                              4x P100

Comment

Working...
                              X