X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdram
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

i have a feeling here in md Brian frosh, our AG, will have to be drug kicking and screaming before scotus and be forced to change things
    just some targets for printing
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
      Warrior
      • Apr 2013

Is Chicago next?

< https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/af...yve-had-enough >

A permit holder concerns

< http://www.chicagotribune.com/opinio...728-story.html >

Comment

• Two Tone
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2022

I'm very surprised also as I felt the court didn't have the balls to stand up to the mob.

They let the mob steal an election and states violate their own constitutions.

I'm happy but I'd be more happy if they struck down the tax on a right.......the entire permit concept is the theft of a right which is then leased back to the victim.

There can be no taxes on any right.

Comment

• JASmith
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2014

Remember, our right to keep and bear arms is only as strong as the next battle.

Be alert and prepared!
          shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
          -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• PVBoom
            Warrior
            • Oct 2017

From what I remember reading months ago, when states (NY) were feeling it was going to go against them, their plan was to ban carry in designated locations or services (subway lines, etc.) We will have to see what happens.

Comment

• grayfox
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2017

The lefties who promise that should keep talking... while the ruling explicitly allows for some sensitive places (examples of buildings), it also states that such allowance does NOT mean all of Manhattan (for example) can be designated a sensitive place, nor just because there are a 1000 people there (population density). But the bitter lefties want to do just that.
              Strike 'em down in court!!! Boo-yah.
              "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                Warrior
                • Apr 2013

And in California - - -

Comment

• grayfox
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2017

He did it on purpose.
                  Criminal intent.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2020

Class action inbound, I was impacted as were thousands more.

Comment

• grayfox
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2017

NYC is now being sued to eliminate its use of the "proper cause" for issuance (via court injunction), seeing as how both NJ and CA have eliminated theirs within 24 hours of the SCOTUS ruling. NYC just doesn't want to play fair. After all (they must be claiming) it was a "legal" gun that executed that poor lady yesterday in NYC, just taking her baby for a stroll.
                      NOT!!!
                      I guess mayor adams does not realize, despite all of his "NYPD service", that crooks/gangs don't obey the laws anyway. Maybe he was just a desk-rider...

Comment

• Zeneffect
                        Chieftain
                        • May 2020

Several challenges to state gun laws were sent back to lower courts in light of the US Supreme Court’s landmark Second Amendment ruling limiting restrictions on firearm possession outside the home.

Related. Ready to convert back to "as designed" safer to operate ar as soon as the ball drops.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2013

And in California (continued): NRA plans legal action
                          < https://www.foxnews.com/us/nra-says-...s-legal-action>

Comment

• grayfox
                            Chieftain
                            • Jan 2017

Regarding Zen's post, on the remands of @A cases...
                            "...

From the SCOTUS Orders:
                            20-1507 ASSN. OF NJ RIFLE, ET AL. V. BRUCK, ATT'Y GEN. OF NJ, ET AL. The petition for a writ of certiorari is granted. The judgment is vacated, and the case is remanded to the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit for further consideration in light of New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn., Inc. v. Bruen, 597 U. S. ___ (2022).

20-1639 YOUNG, GEORGE K. V. HAWAII, ET AL. 21-1194 DUNCAN, VIRGINIA, ET AL. V. BONTA, ATT'Y GEN. OF CA The petitions for writs of certiorari are granted. The judgments are vacated, and the cases are remanded to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit for further consideration in light of New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn., Inc. v. Bruen, 597 U. S. ___ (2022).

21-902 BIANCHI, DOMINIC, ET AL. V. FROSH, ATT'Y GEN. OF MD, ET AL. The petition for a writ of certiorari is granted. The judgment is vacated, and the case is remanded to the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit for further consideration in light of New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn., Inc. v. Bruen, 597 U. S. ___ (2022).

Comment

• jasper2408
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2019

New York Democrats, still seeking to constrain concealed carry as much possible in the wake of SCOTUS striking down proper cause,  are finalizing legislation to bar concealed carry in all businesses, save those which explicitly invite concealed carry on their premises.

Comment

• grayfox
                                Chieftain
                                • Jan 2017

I think someone will respond "see you in court." That essentially would make "Manhattan" a forbidden zone.
                                I did see that in the news...
                                They (she) are not too bright, but yes persistent.

a) if businesses are places where people congregate, as in public places where the public is allowed to come in (not "private" or "members only") then that violates what Thomas wrote.
                                b) If businesses are private places, then the state has no authority to ban what is otherwise legal. It could say (as some states have said), that a business can limit carry inside its walls, I don't think the courts would allow the opposite. To mandate you can't unless you post something would be like saying you can't have a gun in your home private place) unless you post something saying you have one.
                                c) I bet she's saying that mostly as a money raising-thing, from bloomberg/soros etc.

But then again, the left never did let laws stand in the way of their bullying.

Comment

Working...
                                X