• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

UPS Really Doing This?

This was in my email this afternoon. If UPS is really doing this, they better have deep pockets & prepare to loose a bunch of business 'cause they're gonna be hearing from a bunch of lawyers real soon.

I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

A Federal express driver demanded to take a picture of my license when he dropped off some ammo just the other day. I showed him my license to prove I was the person the packages were for, but I refused to let him take a picture of my license. He got a little salty and demanded to take a picture of my license again or he would take the packages back.I replied when hell freezes over and he better not touch my packages he placed on my porch. He wisely relented, but this was something new I have never seen before..Things are getting a little extreme with these shipping companies...

Comment

• Old Bob
      Warrior
      • Oct 2019

Originally posted by montana View Post
      A Federal express driver demanded to take a picture of my license when he dropped off some ammo just the other day. I showed him my license to prove I was the person the packages were for, but I refused to let him take a picture of my license. He got a little salty and demanded to take a picture of my license again or he would take the packages back.I replied when hell freezes over and he better not touch my packages he placed on my porch. He wisely relented, but this was something new I have never seen before..Things are getting a little extreme with these shipping companies...
      I was visited by postal inspectors because they thought I was ordering loaded ammo via the US Mail. It was just a couple of boxes of .30 Cal bullets for reloading my 7.62x40WT brass. I told them it wasn't ammo, just the bullets. They took my word for it & handed me the package. I asked if they wanted me to open it, they said no & left.
      I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• MrDraco
        Warrior
        • Jul 2011

I don't think this had anything to do with the company and was just a jerk of a delivery person. As many times as I've ordered ammo, I've never had anyone ask for an id. I just got a case of .223 earlier this week and the Fedex guy gave me the case and left.

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

I contacted Fedx and they stated I needed to sign for the package but the driver had no business asking to take a picture of my drivers license. They said they would look into it but I won't be holding my breath LOL..We have no laws in Montana about receiving ammunition in Montana..I hope I see this dude again at my doorway with another package..

Comment

• lazyengineer
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2019

I'm unaware any reason a driver would independently ask for that. This is almost certainly a corporate instruction - though my guess is more the local leadship than corp
            4x P100

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

I called corporate and they said it was not there instruction, of course any party involved could be lying.. In any case, no delivery driver will ever take a picture of my license..I found it quite humorous when the driver angrily refused to let me take a picture of his license...

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

This is a case when a front door webcam would have been soooo nice.
                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• montana
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

I have surveillance cameras and it was recorded if push comes to shove..

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                    Chieftain
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Old Bob View Post
                    This was in my email this afternoon. If UPS is really doing this, they better have deep pockets & prepare to loose a bunch of business 'cause they're gonna be hearing from a bunch of lawyers real soon.

https://gatdaily.com/breaking-ups-sh...m_campaign=7_1
                    I doubt it. They will have run everything by their lawyers already.
                    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Growler
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2019

Comment

• montana
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2011

Every state needs an AG like Montana has..https://americanhandgunner.com/disco...alks-the-walk/

Comment

• Two Tone
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2022

I have several gun-related items on backorder. So I have called and spoken with Alexander Arms and Wilson Combat.

Both stated they had "not heard of nor seen such a letter."

Wilson Combat uses UPS. That lady stated "UPS is only concerned about 80% lowers."

So hopefully my orders will be OK.

Comment

• Two Tone
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2022

You handled that very well.

Comment

Working...
                            X