• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

a bit off topic but,,,

i have been trying to find any information on what model of pistol was used by the guy who stopped the shooting at that mall outside indy. they sure talk about the sig sauer model 400 AR-15 with large capacity magazines that the now dead guy used but what about the pistol that stopped it? how about some specs! it sure seems hard to find anything about that!?!
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

Dicken was carrying a 9-MM Glock, according to Ison
    Doesn't say what ammo and Ison is the Chief of Police.

Here's the article that I found.

Last edited by jasper2408; 07-21-2022, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Two Tone
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2022

All I knew, before reading this thread and link above, was that he used a Glock.

I think once this is over, Glock should hire the young man.

This event has prompted me to get off my behind, get a family membership at the indoor gun range, and begin practicing once a week. I took my wife over there Friday and was able to iron the "recoil anticipation" out of her she'd had the last two range trips. She now hits point-of-aim with my .22 Buckmark at 5 yards.

This isn't much but it's a start. She had only shot airguns before we got married.

I've decided to iron the bugs out of my full-sized 1911 .45 ACP and once I am confident with her, order a holster. Bigger is better when it comes to shooting at any distance.

I've also written a thank you letter to the hero and included a cover letter to the police chief. Hopefully he'll forward the letter for me. I've done this once before for a much less-known hero and in that case, the sheriff called me directly to advise he was sending the letter.

Virtually everyone I talk with that's remotely into self defense knows of this man's exploit. Other forums are discussion an "Eli Drill."

As to this thread, I'd love to know the model number of Glock, holster type and maker, and ammo weight and maker he used.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Comment

• dpete
          Warrior
          • May 2016

Or if captured on scene, taken out, knelt down, and summarily beheaded after a few well placed kicks to the gonads (just to make them hurt a little bit). We need to bring back cruel and unusual punishments for these whack jobs.

Comment

• Old Bob
            Warrior
            • Oct 2019

Originally posted by dpete View Post
            Or if captured on scene, taken out, knelt down, and summarily beheaded after a few well placed kicks to the gonads (just to make them hurt a little bit). We need to bring back cruel and unusual punishments for these whack jobs.
            I'm in favor of bringing back the pillory for non violent crimes like shoplifting, scammers & other types of thievery. It would be good use for rotten or nearly rotten vegies.

Beheading for capital crimes is a bit too gory. A .45 cal slug through the brain pan, while somewhat messy, would be an easier clean-up. I agree on the kick in the nads first...
            I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

I'm more in favor of a long time of hard work for none murder cases. Most criminals fear hard labor more than anything else, that is why they are criminals. No 16 to 18 hours of hard labor, then no food.

For murder and pedophile cases it would be a public lynching in full view for broadcast and public viewing.

The pity belongs for the victims and families, not the criminals. I don't care if the shooter was bullied, on drugs, neglected or abused..When the shooter decided to harm others the pity ends and the punishment begins..

Comment

• Sinclair
                Warrior
                • Feb 2018

Originally posted by montana View Post
                The pity belongs for the victims and families, not the criminals. I don't care if the shooter was bullied, on drugs, neglected or abused..When the shooter decided to harm others the pity ends and the punishment begins..
                If you truly believe in what you say, then get out the vote! I have associates that swear that there are no criminals, only boys that did not get a bicycle for their 10th birthday or girls that did not get a pony for their 13th birthday.

We have a government that supports violent crimes and punishes innocent victims to put fear in the hearts of the populace. I am watching "Cowboy Logic" "the seven abominations on Jan 6th". There were 4 citizens murdered by DC or Capital police not just Ashley Babbiet as is claimed by our Government and she was murdered for trying to get the capital police to do their jobs.
                Last edited by Sinclair; 07-31-2022, 08:51 PM.
                "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
                Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
                Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.

Comment

Working...
                X