• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Hansel&Grendel View Post
    As a FFL 07, since my inventory and personal firearms are subject to ATF inspection upon demand, along with the absence of Judicial Relief outside the 5th Circuit, I did the eform1 filing for a personal pistol braced AR now deemed a SBR pursuant to the new ATF Rule. All fields were completed as verified by the Green check mark prior to final submission. When I received my interim PDF copy, I saw that the yes/no questions were blank even though I know that I filled them in.

I called ATF NFA and was told that there was a glitch that left certain fields blank on my PDF copy but to rest assured that all the fields were properly completed with the online filing with ATF. The glitch was due to programming errors caused by entering my FFL number that somehow confused the system. So, I relied on that assurance pending final SBR approval.

A couple days ago I received email notification that my eform1 registration was denied because the yes/no questions were blank. I was furious. Long story short, even though I have a control number for my eform1 submission, I was told by ATF that I would have to refile a PAPER submission along with another set of fingerprints and a photo. In other words, start all over again ... with the assurance that I would still be given the tax stamp waiver as well as the marking adoption/waiver.

This could take months or up to a year to rectify. ATF again reiterated that I did everything correctly and that the "systems error" disadvantaged several other FFLs as well. To add insult to injury, I was told to separate the upper and lower as well as disassemble the lower.

I'll eventually self-revoke my FFL so that I won't have to deal with the clown show any longer. Eight years of George W. and two years of Trump resulted in no action to change firearms legislation (NFA/GCA) and ATF rulings. No wonder people believe that it's a Uni-Party, i.e., there are no Democrats or Republicans.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

FFLs need to band together and file a class action lawsuit against ATF, especially those FFLs who have been actively harmed by this criminal gaggle of organized criminals wearing badges.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• jasper2408
        Warrior
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        FFLs need to band together and file a class action lawsuit against ATF, especially those FFLs who have been actively harmed by this criminal gaggle of organized criminals wearing badges.
        The GOA is doing just that.

The ATF has Weaponized Its Zero Tolerance Policy for FFLs If the ATF drives thousands of gun stores out of business all around the country, you won’t have anywhere to purchase new firearms. This is what ATF’s “Zero Tolerance” program is all about – it’s aimed at making it impossible for millions of gun owners to easily purchase guns. And … Read more

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Hansel&Grendel
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2017

Outstanding. Let's hope that the breadth of the District Court Order per remanding by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals goes outside the 5th Circuit, i.e., nationwide.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• dammitman
                Warrior
                • Dec 2012

agreed, its time to pour it on againsted them as they do when we arent looking,,,,,we are looking

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

We gotta remember what Yogi said,
                    "It ain't over til it's over."

So today the Federal district court, N. Texas, Reed O'Connor rules, granting injunction against enforcement of the pistol brace rule. I read some of his basis, and it's great reasoning.

See the TTAG article among others. Dateline Today Oct. 3, 2023.
                    &#9664Previous Post Next Postâ–¶ For those of you keeping score at home, back in May, a three-judge panel of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals issued an emergency injunction blocking the ATF from enforcing its new rule effectively banning pistol stabilizing braces. This was after a lower court judge concluded that the plaintiffs weren’t likely […]
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• grayfox
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2017

Here's more from that ruling issued earlier today. The emphases are added.

.... Presumptively Protected Conduct section [starting at page 19]:

"

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Zeneffect
                            Chieftain
                            • May 2020

I need a whole litany of crap to go down before I can even think about a brace... honestly getting the hell out of this state is seeming more and more ideal. Idaho? Hope they understand that I'm california in license plate only.

Comment

• grayfox
                              Chieftain
                              • Jan 2017

Stay a couple weeks and then you can change over your plates to Free'Murica...
                              Idaho's a great state, one of our favorites... but a lot of leftie Calif's are moving there also.
                              Winters can get cold up there.
                              Watch yore top knot! (~J. Johnson)

Comment

• Zeneffect
                                Chieftain
                                • May 2020

what is the fancy tag to embed the video?
                                Last edited by LRRPF52; 10-04-2023, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X