• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

House GOP introduces bill to Ban the ATF

GOP House Members Introduce Bill to Repeal National Firearms Act (breitbart.com)

So now we have the bill introduced.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

Will be interesting to see what the Republicans in the Senate do if it makes it out of the House.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

stare decisis.

Imagine a Federal bureaucracy tasked with violating the First Amendment, 4th Amendment, 5th Amendment, etc. by the justification that Congress has the power to tax to work around those restrictions.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

I've got no problem with issuing a bill, even though it hasn't much chance of getting all the way through.
        It becomes a marker in the struggle.
        It would also be great to find a way to get your info into a court case or something, maybe like you outline.
        Another key issue is to restrict or eliminate funding for them, by simply not authorizing any appropriations.
        I definitely think that attack via multiple fronts is what to do.
        Something will break through, keep chipping away.

Comment

• AZHTfreak
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
          I've got no problem with issuing a bill, even though it hasn't much chance of getting all the way through.
          It becomes a marker in the struggle.
          It would also be great to find a way to get your info into a court case or something, maybe like you outline.
          Another key issue is to restrict or eliminate funding for them, by simply not authorizing any appropriations.
          I definitely think that attack via multiple fronts is what to do.
          Something will break through, keep chipping away.
          Do unto the Dims as they would do unto us.
          DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• grayfox
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2017

Part of it is to force the Dimms to defend against it, attack along multiple fronts.
              The leftists cannot ignore because if they do, it might make it farther along than they think.
              More importantly, it becomes a candidate to be tacked on as a rider to another bill.
              This is what the Dimms have done for a long time. And I'm not dissuaded by having "only single issue bills." There will be plenty of room in a bill that has some bearing somehow on the atf.
              Gaetz, if I recall, introduced one of these. In some ways he's been a bit weird but sometimes he hits the nail on the head.
              Again, may not make it very far but if you want something to go through you have to introduce it...

(Another subject...) There is also another one introduced to make CCW reciprocal across the US.

Comment

Working...
              X