who thinks this site will be available as free as it is now in 10 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

who thinks this site will be available as free as it is now in 10 years?

who here thinks that this site will be available freely as it is now in 10 years? who feels that anything will change that would change the way you post?,,,,, change the the rules the way you handload or the way you purchace ammunition ?,,,,, dont overtake the way it is now in your place of residence as most here live all over these United States and input from non US states need not respond. i wonder and what am i to do to prepare?!?
  • Csitt
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2021

I believe in 10 years, lead will be illegal in all states and only private clubs will still allow it, at a huge insurance cost. Cost to shoot will continue to skyrocket until we the people can no longer afford to shoot. As the 2nd continues to be infringed on so to will the 1st. At some point they will try shutting down sites like these. Some may already. We will have to find alternative ways to host these sites. With that a lot of information will be lost in the transfers.

I pray and hope I am wrong.

Chuck S.

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
      Warrior
      • Nov 2018

Your style of writing is difficult to digest.

I look at 2010, 2000, 1990, 1980. The laws across the US have never been better. Just a year before COVID they couldn't hardly give away guns and ammo. Stuff was so cheap. Go play in the sun, no more gloom and doom.

Comment

• eggman918
        Bloodstained
        • Feb 2023

As a Scots-Irish-Cherokee-Dustbowl Okie who has since fled CA. for AZ. history tells me We are headed for some Dystopian future, which I'll just have to wait and see....
        I do believe that the "Fasten Seatbelt" sign is lit in the cabin and we are likely to encounter turbulence ahead, but that is nothing new...$.02

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by eggman918 View Post
          As a Scots-Irish-Cherokee-Dustbowl Okie who has since fled CA. for AZ. history tells me We are headed for some Dystopian future, which I'll just have to wait and see....
          I do believe that the "Fasten Seatbelt" sign is lit in the cabin and we are likely to encounter turbulence ahead, but that is nothing new...$.02
          Headed for a dystopian future??

When the official government narrative is there are endless genders
          Men being allowed to compete in women's sports because they say they are a woman and are allowed to use women's lockers and bathrooms destroying real women's sports competition in the process..
          A supreme court judge and western leaders around the world who can't define what a woman is,
          Christians not being allowed to adopt kids because Christians are evil, racist and bigoted,
          The arresting of a former president and opposition front runner to interfere with a presidential election.
          Perverted weirdos grooming kids is embraced by the once family friendly Disney and other major corporations
          A gender pretender weirdo who murdered little kids becomes the government narrative victim,
          Etc,etc,etc..

I need to let you in on something.

We are already there..

Comment

• eggman918
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2023

Point Taken, societal swings can be extreme but tend to have a pendulums motion that are 2 or 3 generation cycles and I "Think/Hope" we are close to if not at the moment of direction change.......
            Oh to be living during Interesting Times.

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

If sites like these got shutdown that would be a good thing. I'll explain.

Shutting down these sites would be counter to their agenda. If controlling the populace is their intent then the dumbest thing they could do is establish a totalitarian state with a heavy hand. They must allow the existence of a "resistance" otherwise they guarantee that the populace will rise up and fight back. This has been true throughout history. These sites benefit the states in multiple ways: 1. they allow a place for the most likely rebels to vent in a marginalized community. Who cares if we scream at each other, we're not waking up the majority of the population here. 2. It allows the state to easily track and monitor their enemies. If you gain access to your enemies radio chatter, you don't jam that radio signal.

Now, there is a scenario where they shut these sites down. They shutdown Parlor because they were terrified of it. They don't start shutting down these sites unless they become a threat they cannot control. They semi-publicly labeled pissed off parents at school board meetings as domestic terrorists because they were terrified the parents would take back the power they schemed so hard to obtain. I think shutting down these sites would be a last ditch effort as they lose control.

There is one more scenario where they reach a level of ineptitude where their dumb enough to believe they can cross the Rubicon without consequences.

Here's the bad news. I think they've already killed them. Ever heard of dead internet theory? I took a hiatus from this community a few years back (`2018) unintentionally when I got married and started having kids. I'm just getting back into shooting and as such I've started lurking these forums again. Compared to the amount of discourse and data being shared 5+ years ago, these forums seem to be dead. I'm not sure if I missed something big that happened online or if they've found a way to kill these communities through a combination of algorithmic manipulation, bots, and implanted trolls.
              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• biodsl
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by cory View Post
                I'm just getting back into shooting and as such I've started lurking these forums again. Compared to the amount of discourse and data being shared 5+ years ago, these forums seem to be dead. I'm not sure if I missed something big that happened online or if they've found a way to kill these communities through a combination of algorithmic manipulation, bots, and implanted trolls.
                Good to hear from you Cory. I don't have an answer, but the same thing has happened on a couple of motorcycle forums I belong to. It's not the same as it was over the last 20 years.
                Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2018

I know ar15com went through a self induced purge a few years back. It is a very different place now. Maybe 20% gun talk, and 80% current events / politics. Very accommodating of other lifestyles and interests. ar15 Armory was an interesting place to look around it's dead now, there was a 10mm site with great people and interest in maximizing the 10mm (aka nuclear loads) dead, and 300blackout site is mostly dead and hacked. It seemed like there was an age of great interest and discovery about the 6.5 Grendel. That age is over. I guess everything has been learned and archived.

Comment

• LR1955
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by montana View Post
                    Headed for a dystopian future??

When the official government narrative is there are endless genders
                    Men being allowed to compete in women's sports because they say they are a woman and are allowed to use women's lockers and bathrooms destroying real women's sports competition in the process..
                    A supreme court judge and western leaders around the world who can't define what a woman is,
                    Christians not being allowed to adopt kids because Christians are evil, racist and bigoted,
                    The arresting of a former president and opposition front runner to interfere with a presidential election.
                    Perverted weirdos grooming kids is embraced by the once family friendly Disney and other major corporations
                    A gender pretender weirdo who murdered little kids becomes the government narrative victim,
                    Etc,etc,etc..

I need to let you in on something.

We are already there..
                    Planet of the Apes Part III.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                      Chieftain
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by cory View Post
                      Here's the bad news. I think they've already killed them. Ever heard of dead internet theory? I took a hiatus from this community a few years back (`2018) unintentionally when I got married and started having kids. I'm just getting back into shooting and as such I've started lurking these forums again. Compared to the amount of discourse and data being shared 5+ years ago, these forums seem to be dead. I'm not sure if I missed something big that happened online or if they've found a way to kill these communities through a combination of algorithmic manipulation, bots, and implanted trolls.
                      So you went away for several years, but you aren't part of the conspiracy?

According to Dead Internet Theory, what you are talking about would have happened before you left, in 2016 or 2017, yet you didn't notice it at the time. Hmmmm.

Assuming it is true, then you are likely a bot as am I and we are just bots arguing in a computer simulation from some higher entity's reality.
                      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• cory
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by double naught spy View Post
                        so you went away for several years, but you aren't part of the conspiracy?

According to dead internet theory, what you are talking about would have happened before you left, in 2016 or 2017, yet you didn't notice it at the time. Hmmmm.

Assuming it is true, then you are likely a bot as am i and we are just bots arguing in a computer simulation from some higher entity's reality.
                        shhhhhh
                        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                        X