X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

In all fairness that base plate is hands down the best piece to have to carry. Followed by the tube. The bipods are hands down the worst, there's no good way to carry those things.

Thanks LR-55.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
      Warrior
      • Nov 2018

Think I fixed it.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by cory View Post
          In all fairness that base plate is hands down the best piece to have to carry. Followed by the tube. The bipods are hands down the worst, there's no good way to carry those things.

Thanks LR-55.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Happy2Shoot View Post
            Think I fixed it.
            Good looking Marines.
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

My wife is Russian and got a history (and English) undergrad degree there before she immigrated here. This is almost word for word what I say to her when I want to pick a fight. haha They're a proud people. Our society could learn a thing or two from them when it comes to their admiration and appreciation for their country and their history. Even if their history is littered with propaganda.

Thanks for the welcome back man.

Comment

• JASmith
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2014

Not to distract from the conversation, but it's worth mentioning. Looking at the data it appears that our children being born today will very likely live in a time where one of their greatest problems is not over population, but a collapsing population.

Check out this Rogan podcast with Peter Zelhan. I don't agree with everything he says, but it's interesting none the less.
                https://open.spotify.com/episode/406...cbb767a076497e
                You're right about a population implosion looming on the horizon.

That significant possibilty is one of the reasons the observation is relevant to our discussion about women in combat - frontline or otherwise.
                shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

My wife is Russian and got a history (and English) undergrad degree there before she immigrated here. This is almost word for word what I say to her when I want to pick a fight. haha They're a proud people. Our society could learn a thing or two from them when it comes to their admiration and appreciation for their country and their history. Even if their history is littered with propaganda.

Thanks for the welcome back man.
                  Last edited by LRRPF52; 04-13-2023, 04:38 PM.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

I don't agree with everything he says, but it's interesting none the less.
                      Pretty much sums up Rogan!
                      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• cory
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2012

I come from a long line of rednecks. Your initial statement sounds very familiar. haha

Much of eastern Russia is still very primitive, but then so is western China, and most of the world. We have isolated areas of Alaska that are still primitive as I suspect Canada has even more. If it hadn't been for Eisenhower's Interstate Act we'd likely have many areas of the west that would still be primitive. My wife has an aunt that lives in eastern Russia who never had kids, her dad's family is from there, she went home after we got married and traveled to see that part of her family. Her aunt had saved up what was roughly $10k American dollars and was going to give it to my wife as a wedding present. She didn't have any banks within a days drive, so she hid the money in the tank of her toilet. When she went to retrieve the money, it was gone. They suspect a handyman she paid to fix some plumbing problems found the money and took it.

Their people didn't really participate in the Renaissance particularly the Enlightenment that shaped Western Culture as we know it. It's also worth pointing out that the Enlightenment was if not a direct result at least facilitated by Martin Luther's Reformation, which Eastern Europe didn't take part in. Russia was still largely an agrarian based serfdom. They were the last European power to modernized and when they did they moved into full blown communism that was catastrophic to their culture. They've always been what we'd consider a corrupt culture, but communism made it worst. Virtually all the cultures of the world have always been corrupt to some degree by western standards. Corruption seems to me to be the natural state of humanity.

Our Western Society isn't inherently uncorrupt. It only grew into what we know it as today because it nurtured certain Judeo/Christian tenets over the course of many generations. Generations that stretched over a thousand years that thankfully trended in the right direction. The world is plagued with problems we expect to be fixed today that realistically will only be fixed over the course of many generations. Russia was never going to be Americanized in one generation. Especially when you consider how we've treated Russia and their people since the fall of the Soviet Union. When you study what has actually transpired since the fall of the wall, Russia isn't the good guys, but America is undoubtedly the bad guys. And y'all know how much it pains me to say that. After what the Soviet Union did in Vietnam, America was justified in what it did in Afghanistan. After what America did in Afghanistan Russia would have arguably been justified in supporting the Taliban like Iran supported the Irag insurgency, but they didn't. Yet here we are continuing this bloody cycle in Ukraine with no logical justification.

The ideas on which our country was founded, the ideas that make this country exceptional, were developed over a period of more than 1,000 years. It took another 60 years for us to realize those ideas to the point we ended slavery and we still haven't fully realized those ideas today. The Russian people by en large want to Americanize, but it won't happen over night and we should stop expecting that of any culture. It appears to me that the world would be best served if America once again became the shining city on the hill. We should be exporting the ideas on which Freedom is built, not God forsaken democracy. Am I right or wrong? Hell if I know. Maybe we should only strive to help other cultures trend towards a freedom loving society and measure it generationally. Pushing harder appears to be catastrophic at worst and more harm than good at best.

Cultures won't be reformed into free societies in a single generation. However, it appears that free societies can be torn down in a single generation. America is devolving into a corrupt despotism before our eyes and most of the West has a head start on us. I hope that America can rise up from this craziness and corruption that has engulfed her. I hope that one day I'll get to take my children to visit their Mother's birthplace. It's my hope that we find a path where my Grandkids are discussing Russia's entry into the European Union and NATO. Unfortunately we're on the path to WWIII, which will undoubtedly bring global destruction.

If we could erase the 20th Century for one moment and take a look at the foreign policy landscape we would see just how ridiculous a European Union is without Russia. Truthfully Russia has more ties to Europe than we do in many respects. Unfortunately how we see the world is largely shaped by an old British foreign policy axiom that sees the world as made up of seafaring nations and land nations. Under this axiom they've always feared an alliance between Germany and Russia and as such has been committed to preventing it at all costs. (I can't seem to remember or find the term for this to save my life. If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it.)

I hope I'm wrong, but under this foreign policy this administration has likely accomplished the greatest geopolitical blunder in history in pushing China, Russia, and India into an alliance of necessity. I don't mean that in a hyperbolic since to any degree. We tend to assume that a Chinese & Russian anti American alliance was inevitable, but that couldn't be further from the truth. This is directly due to American actions since the fall of the wall. I've long held that India will be the lynch pin in a Chinese/American centric WWIII. We've managed to push India towards their natural enemy in China through our alienations of Russia. All over actions we would all support of America if China did in Mexico, Cuba, or Canada what America is doing in Ukraine.

I apologize for the off topic diatribe. It wasn't my intent when I began my reply. If my history as I know it is wrong, someone please correct me. As I like to tell my guys at work, I don't care about being right, I only care about getting it right.

Comment

• cory
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2012

To your initial point of Mother's being assets, there's an idea I've been working on and it goes like this. Societies need three things and only three things to survive. All else is nice to have at best. Societies must have Mothers, Warriors, and Fathers (in that order of importance) or it will not survive. Many things bring great values to a society, but it will not survives without these 3 pillars.

If I find the time or the source material on the argument for the draft, I'd like to write a paper bringing forth the question "Should the state have the authority to draft women into motherhood?" I intend to strawman the argument using the most powerful arguments for drafting men into war. The twist being that I don't agree with the state having the power to draft men into service in all but a few scenarios. I highly favor the volunteer military and incentivizing as opposed to forcing.

The point being that I agree that our society drastically under values the importance of Mothers. The only thing more important than the warriors are the Mothers.

Comment

• cory
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                              You're right about a population implosion looming on the horizon.

That significant possibilty is one of the reasons the observation is relevant to our discussion about women in combat - frontline or otherwise.
                              Agreed! That's exactly why I picked at it.

Comment

• JASmith
                                Chieftain
                                • Sep 2014

Last edited by JASmith; 04-14-2023, 12:22 PM.
                                shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                                -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

Working...
                                X