• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

Albuquerque open carry ban

If you remember the thread here on the SCOTUS ruling during the Civil War on habeas corpus, the other part of that ruling was that the government could not just make up emergencies in order to take away peoples freedoms or property. Will be interesting to see how this ends up as she used Public Health as the reason. This is only for the city of Albuquerque for now and supposedly for only 30 days.

• LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

As if the criminals will obey such a proclamation. If anything she needs to admit her regime has totally failed to secure the peace for NM, and resign, the whole lot of them. But then leftists never admit they were wrong, it's always the law-abiding's fault....

Impeach and remove the governor.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• jasper2408
        Warrior
        • Jan 2019

The Governor said that "No Constitutional right, including her oath to uphold the Constitution, is absolute". She is saying that in an emergency you have no rights unless she says so.

WOW!!!

Here is her press conference:

After suspending the right to carry firearms, New Mexico’s Governor just said her duty to uphold her oath to the constitution is "not absolute"
        Last edited by jasper2408; 09-09-2023, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

The only surprising thing to me is that a hard-boiled leftist came out openly and stated what they all believe and try to do mostly under the radar. They have always thought this way.
          You have no inalienable rights, given by God. You only have permissions, and that whimsical at best, allowed by the big Government.

Ladies and gentlemen, mark this down and don't forget it. This is how they think. Don't let them fool you!

Comment

• Old Bob
            Warrior
            • Oct 2019

There's already been a murder in Albuquerque since the Governor's gun ban. We all knew her edict wouldn't stop crime in our city. City cops & the county sheriff won't touch this with a 10 foot pole! Only State cops will make arrests if someone dares violate her majesty's proclamation. There's about half a million people here. How are the State cops going to identify whose carrying or whose not? Lawsuits have already been filed as well. Even a local anti-gun caucus says its a stupid move.
            I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• jasper2408
              Warrior
              • Jan 2019

GOA files suit.

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

If the news I read is correct, that guv signed a law last year that says anyone can sue if somebody deprives them of a constitutional right, up to 2 million $$.
                So I think about 1000 citizens in Albeq/county should file suit against her and the state govt, for depriving them of a guaranteed right under both US and the NM constitution.

She and whoever is bankrolling her should be immediately on the hook for what, 2 Billion dollars. O yeah, include that giffords group and Bloomberg, she would not have said this unless she expects them to put in big campaign $$$ for her. So they are aiding and abetting.
                Maybe a RICO violation too.

According to SCOTUS analysis, the mere taking away of that right is immediate irreparable harm. No matter if it gets ended 30 days later, the mere fact of taking away that right is the harm.

Y'all call your lawyers!!!

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2017

Effing self-loathing IGNORANT white hyphenated Bolshevek limousine liberal married a politically correct surname and then said hey what do I do I don't want a real job? I know, I'll be a politician!
                  DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2017

Don't get me goin on the WA-OR-CA societal locust swarms which have decended on AZ in general and Maricopa County in particular to devour our consistutional rights. Stupid drivers, even more stupid voters... QuidProFeebleJoe has a 37% + rating? JesusMotherMaryandJoesph it's a bona-fide Idiocracy. AZ governor = MouseFart Hobbs + Sen Kelly + Sen Sinema? I rest my case for IDIOCRACY.
                    Last edited by AZHTfreak; 09-11-2023, 12:23 AM.
                    DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• Old Bob
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2019

Today there was a gun-owners rally in Old Town Albuquerque that blatantly defied the governor's decree by openly wearing firearms in public. No arrests! Not a State cop in sight! At least not in uniform ...
                      I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• jasper2408
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2019

This court case is related to the NM case because it might determine a precedent whether State officials can make up Emergency Executive Orders to take 2A and other rights away. This case is happening in New York where the weasels that run that state spend all of their time on stuff like this.

https://ad4.nycourts.gov/go/live/. Please also keep her and the court judges in your thoughts and prayers and share this information with your circle of friends and colleagues.

May she prevail.

Comment

• montana
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2011

The NM governor can now be classified to the level of biden/ fetterman in the art of logic and reasoning..Even cnn is questioning the Constitutionality of her executive action..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLz3iJwW4T8

Comment

• FBOldCrow
                            Bloodstained
                            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Old Bob View Post
                            Today there was a gun-owners rally in Old Town Albuquerque that blatantly defied the governor's decree by openly wearing firearms in public. No arrests! Not a State cop in sight! At least not in uniform ...
                            You can bet she had someone there vidoetaping everyone and their vehicles if possible.
                            Live life to the fullest.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                              Super Moderator
                              • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                              X