• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lemonaid
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Best bullet to stop terrorists?

If your home is attacked by terrorists like what happened in Israel, what bullet(s) do you think would be best at stopping them?
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

I have a basic load of 123 A-max on hand for just such an occasion.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Zeneffect
      Chieftain
      • May 2020

Ppu 110gr fmj. I have quite a bit on hand and the limited testing ive done shows it will smoke a terry no problem. Barriers? no problem, might as well have x-ray vision. Internals turn to a f*cked up mess? Gel block and pig reports say yes. Fmj is a mean bastard for what it is.
      Last edited by Zeneffect; 10-13-2023, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• FBOldCrow
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2023

Anything in my cabinets will work.
            Live life to the fullest.

Comment

• Lemonaid
              Warrior
              • Feb 2019

Some awesome posts, Thanks!. Never thought about firefighting gear, very good point.
              As a tangent, thought experiment:
              In a pretty open area, would you rather be in a average vehicle vs. terrorists with an average handgun or the other way around? (It's you or him, no getting away.)
              I was thinking about a real world situation that happened to my nephew where he was attacked by someone in a car. If he had been armed with a handgun, could he have stopped the car before he was killed? Where would you shoot a car to stop it?
              My nephew jumped aside, went off road and got away.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                Chieftain
                • May 2020

Originally posted by Lemonaid View Post
                Some awesome posts, Thanks!. Never thought about firefighting gear, very good point.
                As a tangent, thought experiment:
                In a pretty open area, would you rather be in a average vehicle vs. terrorists with an average handgun or the other way around? (It's you or him, no getting away.)
                I was thinking about a real world situation that happened to my nephew where he was attacked by someone in a car. If he had been armed with a handgun, could he have stopped the car before he was killed? Where would you shoot a car to stop it?
                My nephew jumped aside, went off road and got away.
                from personal experience, stopping a car with a m16a2 is hard enough. hand gun has no chance in hell, sorry. best move out of the way, take cover and try to get at them when they arent behind glass and metal. if they dont keep driving, they will have to expose themselves to shoot or come find you. The primary objective is simply to stay alive and get to safety. terries can have this s-hole called california, ill take the high ground elsewhere and stack them if they encroach. if this scenerio of pop up terrorists were to occur in california, it would be easy pickings in a bad bad way. not only is 90% of the population grossly unprepared for the things that are guaranteed (like earthquakes and fire) to happen, they fight tooth and nail to stay perpetual victims disarming themselves.

Comment

• Lemonaid
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2019

Is there a class I could take for that? Offensive driving?

Comment

• Zeneffect
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2020

Not sure honestly. I haven't been a driver in that situation, I imagine adrenaline, reflexes, and will to live will be more important than spending thousands on a driving school... and most important, a reliable vehicle to gtfo.

A car can run a while without coolant..... hundreds of miles even. Without oil, much different story. Exposed parts you could get to might be the filter/housing area, cooler, pan. Punching a block.... maybe but doubtful on the first 20 or so rounds. Killing the electrical system might be a secondary target. Alternator or belts, battery area. Battery needs electrolyte to hold a charge, holes drain it. Alternator needs lots and is relatively fragile.

Fuel system.... you would need to hit fuel rails or feed line to disable the vehicle which will prove challenging.

I'm about 99.9999% positive there isn't anything you can do to make it go kaboom unless it's already loaded with explosives. Friggin wish I had a rpg, but the reality is they don't even boom as big as you would like.
                    Last edited by Zeneffect; 10-13-2023, 04:51 AM.

Comment

• LR1955
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2011

And you also need a Vulcan battery or two to stop them when they use para gliders to infil over your fence.

No doubt the Biden admin has allowed in here a number of terrorists. The ones who are so inclined to die a martyr will most likely head towards cities with large Jewish populations where the population density allows them a higher probability of murdering or maiming more people than attacking your individual house.

What we need to watch is the internal enemy. Those who are out in the streets openly supporting Hamas.

For home defense, a 12 ga with buckshot is a better bet than a carbine or pistol.

That said, I am probably now being targeted by the FBI as a "Trump MAGA Radical" instead of the 'Squad' or those student groups who are going to try and stir up violence today.

LR-55

Comment

• Zeneffect
                        Chieftain
                        • May 2020

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post

That said, I am probably now being targeted by the FBI as a "Trump MAGA Radical" instead of the 'Squad' or those student groups who are going to try and stir up violence today.

LR-55
                        There is no probably, and it wasnt now. its been going on for a while...

those "protesting" students (idiots) are getting far worse than an fbi watch list. they are blacklisting themselves into the bright and prosperous future of welfare recipient.

Comment

• lazyengineer
                          Chieftain
                          • Feb 2019

In 5.56: MK318 Mod 1

In 6.5 Grendel. Most anything, probably 123 gr SST/AMAX. I might consider alternating in some Wolf Steel for the FMJ punch through cheap armor; though terminal performance is only so-so. If I knew range would be close and body armor unlikely, 90 TNT's. But since you don't really know that, the 123 gr SST is a good baseline round

JMHO. In truth, almost any rifle caliber round will be fairly devistating from almost any barrel.
                          4x P100

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Zeneffect
                              Chieftain
                              • May 2020

All of them have a 100 yard zero, with dope cards.

How many people have put in at least 20 hours this month honing skills?

Comment

Working...
                              X