X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Konocti's Wigwam
    Warrior
    • Sep 2023

Response from Lake County Sheriff' s Office on SB-2 - CCW Sensitive places law

As many of you may know, SB-2 is causing quite the stir in California, the state that cares not about our 2A rights. It wasn't always like this, I digress...

I will say that there were a number of states that were presenting similar "sensitive places" bills.

I received an email from Konocti Rod & Gun Club President, Rick Walker, today sharing his response from the Sheriff. Lake County has long been pro-issue, so this is really no surprise. Just that Newsom and Bonta are pulling out the stops to implement any and all gun control they can. There is only one way to make California pro-2A once again, that's to give us a fair vote. Until we get a fair vote, there is no hope.

-------------------------- Response from Lt. L. Bingham --------------------------
    KONOCTI ROD AND GUN CLUB

Hello everyone,
    I inquired to the Lake County Sheriff's Office as to their position on new law. SB-2, restricting "Sensitive places" CCW holders could not carry concealed.

Though SB-2 is on hold again and not in effect, it took several years of attempts to get passed and could go back into effect with another court action or decision.

I am pasting the response from Lt. Luke Bingham.

"Good Morning, Rick. I apologize for the delay in our response. As I am sure you are aware SB2 has affected several aspects of our CCW program and Lake County CCW holders. Many of the changes enacted by SB2 have little to no effect on our CCW program as we have always had a robust program, in most cases exceeding past requirements and meeting the current requirements of SB2.

Feel free to share this information with your members and please do not hesitate to contact me should you have additional questions."

Lt. L. Bingham
    ?

Rick Walker

President Konocti Rod And Gun Club

From my cold dead endmill...
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
      Warrior
      • Sep 2023

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      One thing I have come to realize about California, is that it is effectively an authoritarian administrative State with a massive bureaucracy to manage the peasants.
      You can say that again, and again and again...

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      It resembles nothing of the US form of government.
      Think again, because what started in California is spreading to other states. There are 20 states that are backing California's infringing activity,
      claiming AR rifles to be assault weapons. The residents of California have been infringed for years.

Honestly, it's not clear how the dust will settle. Newsom has to go, and that doesn't mean to the white house.

Yes, and the response from the Lake County Sheriff is just that. Currently, there is no smog requirement on vehicle registration, but Lake County is
      in the minority on that. To make it worse, the state is trying to mandate that Lake County also require vehicle registration, so that is exactly as you
      point out, that the county is still subject to the administration state.

Let us not forget that California has not always been anti-2A. It is possible that California has more pro-2A residents and has a tremendous amount of BLM land,
      if I'm not mistaken, this was one of the first states to implement BLM land. This was created to allow residents to hunt, along with preservation.

I don't want a CCW, although Lake County has long been pro-issue. What I would like it for is to be able to keep a loaded firearm in my glove box in case I
      need to use it.

SF City is one of the worst places in the state. My wife won't go to the city by herself, she will only go there if I go with her. The last time we were in the
      financial district, people were sitting around shooting up herion and p!$$!ng and $#!TTing all over the streets...and after we paid $30 for parking, they still
      wouldn't let my wife use the restroom. I'm guessing they would rather she just use the street...pathetic...
      From my cold dead endmill...

Comment

Working...
      X