• Konocti's Wigwam
    Warrior
    • Sep 2023

The Roadmap for Striking Down the NFA

From my cold dead endmill...
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

The Attorney General who drafted and proposed the NFA to the Ways and Means Committee in 1934 laid out the greatest case to pull the plug on it with his testimony on Day 1 of the hearings, where he admitted that it was unconstitutional, but Congress could subvert the Bill of Rights by placing a tax on the exercise of those rights that was too expensive for the peasants to afford.

Boom headshot 1
    Boom headshot 2

The SCOTUS would have a really hard time seeing past the egregiously-brazen and profane disregard for the Constitution in how the NFA was drafted, debated, and somehow passed into legislation as a glaring infringement on the rights of the people.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
      Warrior
      • Sep 2023

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      The Attorney General who drafted and proposed the NFA to the Ways and Means Committee in 1934 laid out the greatest case to pull the plug on it with his testimony on Day 1 of the hearings, where he admitted that it was unconstitutional, but Congress could subvert the Bill of Rights by placing a tax on the exercise of those rights that was too expensive for the peasants to afford.
      But isn't that unconstitutional since the right is based on the bill of rights?

What I don't understand is this. It's pretty clear that the NFA and any or all infringements on our rights are unconstitutional. Yet there doesn't seem there's anything any of us can do about it.

I'm currently in a quagmire over my AR pistols and/or what size barrel I can use on any of them. To really make things confusing, I am a member of both FPC and CRPA, both of which have an injunction on the pistol brace, but in California we're not allowed to have NFA items anyway, so it's not clear how that would play out in court and/or even how the pistol brace will fare over time.

I want to use my short barrels for hunting. Even with a 16" barrel it's not clear if we are going to need to continue with "Featureless" rifles.
      Last edited by Konocti's Wigwam; 03-11-2024, 08:47 PM. Reason: s/stay/injunction/g

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Yes, he admitted that the proposal was unconstitutional, then suggested another audacious unconstitutional solution to its fundamental illegality in the form of taxation on rights.

If you read the NFA Hearings, he and the Assistant AG openly explained that the stamp tax would be too expensive for a commoner to afford, the higher the price for it, the better. This was done to effectively ban the listed arms and accessories without technically banning them.

It gets even worse. The purpose of that scheme was to be able to circumvent due process of law when “catching someone” with said weapons/accessories. If they didn’t have their papers, then the "suspect” could be sent straight to jail without a “complicated trial”. These guys were mentally insane.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
          Warrior
          • Sep 2023

So you would think if he admits it, the courts would rule them down...I'm curious to hear Mr. Magoo on the State of the Union, 2.5 hours and counting..

This whole quagmire has me hinged on what I take hunting. Seems the Grendel is perfect for pig with a 12" barrel. That's gonna smack one of those stinky b@$tards down fast.

My 300 blackout can probably take a pig, but I want to play it safe with 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Colion covers what I’ve been talking about for years, namely how Harold Knutson created the SBR infringement on Day 1 of the 1934 NFA Hearings:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Old Bob
              Warrior
              • Oct 2019

Been thinking about getting a SBR. Any guess on how long it takes to get a first-time SBR stamp now days?
              I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
                Warrior
                • Sep 2023

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Colion covers what I’ve been talking about for years, namely how Harold Knutson created the SBR infringement on Day 1 of the 1934 NFA Hearings:

Good video done yesterday, I hadn't seen it. Still makes me ponder on the taxes, seems it was Bruen that the SCOTUS said the lower courts couldn't use taxes as a revenue stream, which is exactly what they did in the NFA. I happen to believe the NFA was unconstitutional, and they shouldn't have restricted citizens for what criminals did, that was a huge mistake. However, reversing it is not so easy and now we see the left crying about what is happening. Not one peep from the left in regard to unconstitutional infringements they have imposed on the citizens. A real mess, and call me a skeptic but I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Not sure what to tell you Old Bob, at least you can have NFA items in NM, unlike CA. I'll be honest, I would pay $200 to have a silencer, but they won't allow me to have that in CA.

Comment

Working...
                X