• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

Marine kidnapped at the Border

Has anybody seen this yet, because what passes as the media in this country certainly hasn't put much light on it.

How do we sit back as a country and do nothing about this. A man who has performed multiple combat tours for his country has been kidnapped at the border by way of bogus charges. And now he sits in a cartel controlled prison and is being tortured as we speak. It appears to me the cartels have now declared war on the US Marines. I only regret not having the resources to head south of the border myself.

I'm sorry I know this has nothing to do with our Grendel, but this is my brother. A man who has done multiple combat tours for this country. I do believe he rates all the attention he can get and every call to our representatives we can manage.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
  • hobbesgunner

I saw this on way out the door this morning...thought they said he's been there for 4 months...he filled out customs paperwork declaring a gun and instead of turning him away at the border they let him enter Mexico then arrested him....complete bullshit!! ...Why was he even held 1 day without the feds being all over this???

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by hobbesgunner View Post
      I saw this on way out the door this morning...thought they said he's been there for 4 months...he filled out customs paperwork declaring a gun and instead of turning him away at the border they let him enter Mexico then arrested him....complete bullshit!! ...Why was he even held 1 day without the feds being all over this???
      Because our not so esteemed "leader" is all about appeasement, not about leadership. He is still trying to appease the Mexican government for gunrunning, and refuses to rock the boat.

Too bad the Seals don't mount up and go get him!

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Wtf!?
        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

On the contrary, this poor fellow may be targeted precisely because there already are uniformed US military in Mexico taking sides in the cartel disputes, Sinaloa over Juarez. Operation Fast and Furious is likely just the tip of the iceberg of persistent US involvement/profit in the drug trade. Am I the only one who remembers Iran Contra cocaine and Mena, Arkansas?

Incidentally, what are the chances of having a separate "current events, politics, and religion" category so that such interesting issues can be discussed without interfering with the flow and visibility of Grendel information?
          Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

There is a lot more going on in Mexico than meets the eye on so many levels. I've been studying the drug trade routes and cartels since I was a kid, and MS-13 is one of the most interesting smuggling gangs, if you compare their smuggling routes and major hubs in Mexico and the US with the Triads from Hong Kong.

The amount of tunneling that goes on is staggering, particularly in the Nogales, AZ area. Chinese total war strategists have openly stated how easy it would be to hide an insurgency with organized crime in a nation that borders the US. I have been trying to determine what the main factor in the massive civil-war like violence in Mexico has been over the last 5 years, with lots of questions.

Comment

Working...
            X