• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Cerberus folds on Bushmaster...

The chickens can't bail fast enough....

The private equity giant will sell its investment in the gun maker after a rifle from the company’s Bushmaster brand was used by the gunman in the school shootings in Connecticut.

I'm sure we can expect more.
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

If they really thought their business was evil or ugly, they'd destroy it rather than sell it. Most likely a "smart business decision" based solely on this question: "Do we make more money by keeping Freedom Group or by ditching it?".

America has abandoned the 2nd (as well as the 1st) Great Commandment and is reaping the rewards. And they think the problem is guns. Fools.

Comment

'Course I'm preaching to the choir...

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bow shot View Post
        'Course I'm preaching to the choir...
        Maybe (LOL), but I'll still give you an "AMEN!!!!!"

Comment

We need several gun companies to network and buy the Freedom Group, so it will be protected by a collection of truly freedom-minded people. Right now, Soros or Bloomberg could buy it, and shut everything down.

Freedom Group just purchased LAR here in Utah, which is where 85% of the AR15 uppers and lowers are manufactured for the entire AR15 market. Looks like a strategic opportunity for either the anti-freedom cockroaches, or pro-freedom majority.

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

*organ playing*

OOOOooooo, OOOOoooo, Yeeeaaaaa
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

it bugged me from day one when I heard that so many gun manufacturers were owned by one outfit... one swipe by one mega billionaire (or a small group of 'em) could put out a lotta lights...

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bow shot View Post
                it bugged me from day one when I heard that so many gun manufacturers were owned by one outfit... one swipe by one mega billionaire (or a small group of 'em) could put out a lotta lights...
                This! It prickled my spidey sense something fierce, and it's been bugging me to this day. So many crazy things are lining up it's driving me bonkers.

Comment

I openly breached this subject with a Freedom Group executive at SHOT earlier this year, and he was very guarded in his response. Spidey senses have been tingling as well.

Make sure your State Legislatures pass Firearms Freedom Acts, as mine has done.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

The guy that owns Cereberus is an anti gunner. Bushmaster couldnt see that coming?

Comment

Working...
                    X