Can the Grendel survive an AR Ban?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Grendel survive an AR Ban?

Me, I own 3 non AR Grendels, I think that make me pretty safe from any reasonable ban . But what this thread should ask is something like "If the AR is banned from hunting and at rifle ranges what will you do?" Even if you got 100 magazines and 100K horded rounds if you don't get out and shoot at something from time to time your skill set l will rust away. If you think the 6.5 is about as good as it gets for target shooting and hunting, perhaps one option may be to go with a bolt Grendel for and keep your AR for a rainy day.
  • Deer Hunter

Ive been considering trying to build a bolt action Grendel but WHY should I HAVE to?

Comment

If we give they will take more and more.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

Originally posted by kamrr4437 View Post
        If we give they will take more and more.
        No doubt, give them a finger they'll take off your hand. Hopefully this nonsense will awaken the Sheeple but I wouldnt hold my breath.

Comment

The AR15 will survive in Firearms Freedom States, and probably many others in a worst-case new Federal AWB. Many people will refuse to comply, and they will have the support of their governors, congressmen, and States.

The next issue becomes inter-state commerce, since most of the AR15 receivers are manufactured in a Firearms Freedom State, while BCG's, barrels, and LPK's are made in other States.

Comment

• Deer Hunter

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            The AR15 will survive in Firearms Freedom States, and probably many others in a worst-case new Federal AWB. Many people will refuse to comply, and they will have the support of their governors, congressmen, and States.

The next issue becomes inter-state commerce, since most of the AR15 receivers are manufactured in a Firearms Freedom State, while BCG's, barrels, and LPK's are made in other States.

I hope youre right because this is turning bad real fast. An armed man is a Citizen, an unarmed man is a servant and lets face it our Politicians think we are servants. Let me say it in a language they understand "NYET COMRADES!"
            "

Comment

Will an "assault weapon ban" kill the Grendel?

Not trying to debate if we will have an AWB.

Just looking at the future of the 6.5 Grendel round. It was designed to maximize the AR15 platform. If the platform effectively is regulated out of new production, then how do we keep the 6.5 Grendel relevant?

Let's face it, in bolt action there are simply so many established rounds that the Grendel is not relevant as a bolt action round.

So how do we keep the 6.5 Grendel growing IF there is an AWB?

Comment

• rickOshay
                Warrior
                • Apr 2012

How do we get the message out to combat the misconceptions?

1. The AR-15 has only one purpose - military combat. Therefore citizens shouldn't have one.
                2. The AR-15 is only a .223 and therefore not a deer rifle.
                3. The 2nd Amendment is to protect your right to hunt.

Comment

• cory
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2012

Education, Education, Education! We must educate our fellow Americans.

If you've noticed education has gone drastically down hill since the libtards got the federal government involved with it. They don't want to have anything to do with charter schools.

I don't believe this is just the inadequacies of a bureaucratic system. The less educated the population is the easier it is to manipulate and for the elite few to hold onto power.
                  "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• rickOshay
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2012

Now that Joe Biden has been appointed head of the committee for increased gun laws, who will represent the 2nd Amendment?

Comment

It will likely go back to the formal definition of an assault weapon, pistol grip, flash hider, collapsible stock, insert other stuff here... Feinstein's approach is "reasonable regulation, but protect 2A rights, we won't take your weapon, but you can't make them, buy them, sell them use them, or transport them". Nice position to be able to negotiate away from.

Comment

• cory
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2012

That clown is in charge of increasing gun laws? That's the best news I've heard all week.
                        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Having Biden as point man might work in our favor, as he seems to be of very staunch opinion regarding gun control. If they push for another "assault weapons" ban, magazine capacity limits, and the like, pushing that through the House might be a tough task, particularly in light of the Heller decision.

However, my concern is that although they might make noise about an "assault weapon" ban to try to distract us, the real effort might be something along the lines of classifying ARs and similar rifles as Title II arms, like machine guns, silencers, etc. I'm convinced they'll be smart about their approach.

Comment

I just saw this on the news last night. You gotta watch it:

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                              I just saw this on the news last night. You gotta watch it:

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories...vid_3169.shtml
                              73% of legislators come to work with a piece on them. I don't think you'll see a mass shooting at the Utah Capital Building.

Comment

Working...
                              X