Nra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nra

Has NRA's deal with the devil come back to haunt them? After supporting Harry Reid and losing members, looks like the members they lost were right. Am I missing something?
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

I don't know, but I'm thinking it's time for new NRA leadership. Their solution is armed guards in every school? In my perception that's a band aid on a bleeding artery. While it'll certainly make schools safer, it seems that NRA doesn't understand the root of the problem.

It's time they came out and called for an end to "Gun Free Zones."
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Dogue
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

I believe Wayne did blame the "Gun Free Zones" in his speech, it's the armed security in the schools part that's getting all the press. Personally, I think we should hire returning Vets to patrol the schools and do away with the gun free zones (obviously a business can do what they want but that's a seperate issue).

I don't always agree with the NRA, but right now they are going to be our biggest advocates in DC.
      Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Dogue View Post
        I don't always agree with the NRA, but right now they are going to be our biggest advocates in DC.
        Agreed.

I have to admit I haven't had the chance to watch the entire speech.

I'd just like to see the NRA push an agenda that's more in line with the true intent of the 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• BjornF16
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

He did mention the GFZ's...

Funny how hypocritical these libtards are. LaPierre was interviewed Sunday by NBC's David Gregory in D.C. He was giving LaPierre hell over the armed cop in every school. Funny, Gregory's kid goes to the same school as Obama's...which means his kid is protected by guns every single school day.

David Gregory also whipped out a 30 round magazine in D.C. to show LaPierre...which is illegal there in D.C. Anything happen to him?...nope.
          LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
          Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Since Neal Knox was deposed, the NRA has been toothless.

Comment

• BjornF16
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

LOL...there is a petition to have David Gregory charged with possessing a 30 round magazine in D.C....

President Biden and Vice President Harris promised to move quickly to deliver results for working families. That’s what they’ve done.

Merry Christmas Mr. Gregory ;-)
              LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
              Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
                LOL...there is a petition to have David Gregory charged with possessing a 30 round magazine in D.C....

President Biden and Vice President Harris promised to move quickly to deliver results for working families. That’s what they’ve done.

Merry Christmas Mr. Gregory ;-)
                That's funny!

I refuse to register with Whitehouse.gov, but I'm rooting for everyone else who signs those petitions.
                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Time for wayne ass hat to go!

Comment

• adrenaline junkie

I reupped my membership friday.

Comment

I'm not one to join in bashing the NRA, if it were not for them, (us) we would have lost the fight to keep our arms long ago. They are not perfect, they make mistakes, get caught in power struggles and internal politics but they are the best thing we have going. If we want to maintain our strength, then we must pull together, not apart.
                      Bob

Comment

• Butterbean
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2012

I'm with Stokes, and a life member. They're not perfect, and can't mirror all of our feelings, but they're the strongest lobby we have. Regardless if you're NRA, 2AF, GOA or whatever, let's win this together.
                        Don
                        Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
                          I'm not one to join in bashing the NRA, if it were not for them, (us) we would have lost the fight to keep our arms long ago. They are not perfect, they make mistakes, get caught in power struggles and internal politics but they are the best thing we have going. If we want to maintain our strength, then we must pull together, not apart.
                          Bob
                          Originally posted by Butterbean View Post
                          I'm with Stokes, and a life member. They're not perfect, and can't mirror all of our feelings, but they're the strongest lobby we have. Regardless if you're NRA, 2AF, GOA or whatever, let's win this together.
                          Don
                          Bob and Don nail it for the win. No one is perfect, especially an organization trying to represent all us diversely divided gun nuts. We stick together, or hang seperately.... Hrmmmm, I think I saw that quoted somewhere recently....
                          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• montana
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2011

Divide and conquer is their game plan. Don't fall for it.Every gun owner needs to support every pro gun organization they can. I have already seen too many so called reasonable gun owners trash so called assault weapons and agreeing with progressive gun banners. Look at Canada, and England if you want to fight among yourselves. That will be our fate. Every time someone trashes the NRA it makes the other side stronger. This anti second amendment propaganda is nothing new, I have seen it many times before. We threw the bums out the last time and we have to do it again. The fight is not about the NRA, it's about our constitutional rights , ...period.

Comment

• cory
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2012

I myself have not meant in any way to bash the organization NRA. I'm still and plan to remain a long time member if the NRA. I've recently joined GOA and 2AF.

That being said my complaint is with the leadership trying to remain somewhere near the middle. At least that's my perception with the NRA as off late. (I would loved to be proven wrong here.) As opposed to fighting for everything the 2nd stands for and putting their resources towards ending gun free zones. Take the fight to them.

Trying to sit in the middle and appeasing everyone is what cost us the election and got us in this situation. I fear continuing down the same path could cost us dearly.

Comment

Working...
                              X