• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

If you want an AR 15

Don't panic. Don't go over the edge-or the top.

The gov. may find a way to ban future sales of AR's., doubtful,yet a possibility and 30 rnd. mags.- too, and, or ban the use of something you already own . That one is really doubtful. If so It won't be for-forever.
    The likely- hood of your gun being taken from you is very small, the gov. respects our- 2nd amen. rights, we are a huge group.= we are a strong group-on paper.- and we realize the need for more mental health care options--- placing an armed guardian in every school, mall etc. in our great nation-after the money=funding= slid away?- during the great recession. Obama could hire a many people next month-get it?
    The choices are going to be a many!,- On the table in Jan. So, are we over-reacting, as in the 911 attack? It was a good thing we went over, yet it took waaaaaay to long to get a set of results-for the lives, and $$$$ wasted.
  • Buster
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
    Don't panic. Don't go over the edge-or the top.
    Excellent advice, but sadly too late.

Example: I went to a semi-local gun store Friday morning to see about getting a bare AR lower to complete a 7.62x39 build. When I walked in just after they opened, no AR's of any kind on the shelves. Twenty-five people in the store already. I counted 10 people working the floor and behind the scene trying their best to wait on people. I patiently waited my turn to talk to an associate:
    Me: Any lower AR receivers?
    Associate: I'm sorry sir we are out but we are expected some in any day. And before you ask I can't hold or take a deposit on the ones coming in.
    Me: Well, shit, I understand. Do you have any 6.5 Grendel ammo?
    Associate: Sorry sir, you literally missed the last two boxes 10 minutes ago.
    Me: Well, shit, I understand. Can I see that Sig 1911 Tacops in the case?
    Associate: Sure. (Hands it to me)
    Me: I finger f*ck it for about 30 seconds. Hand him my drivers license and say I'll take it.
    Associate: I need to tell you take we are experiencing about a 45 minute wait time on your 4473 to go through.
    Me: Well shit, I understand,,,I'll just look around and/or go get a cup of coffee.
    Associate: Thank you sir. I really appreciate your understanding. I'll find you when you're good to go.
    Me: Thanks buddy.

I looked around awhile, saw some used AR 30 round mags for 25 bucks that were 10 bucks 2 weeks a go, 3 AK's on the shelf.
    I go outside to smoke. Come back in. Look around again. Holy crap! Two Remington entry-level AR15's sitting on the shelf. $1300 bucks. WoW!
    About 40 minutes later I get a holler, "Mr. Buster, you are good to go!"

I pay and as I walk out the door, I look over to where the two AR's were...and they are gone.

Comment

• Taylormade

It's madness right now for no good reason yet.

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

It's the Obacalypse!!!

Hopefully we can pop enough of their political theater balloons, and the whole thing will regain some semblance of normality later in the new year.
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Call it PTSD but last weekend there was a brief moment where I remembered my 18th b-day, two months after the AWB kicked in. I'd recently passed on a Bushy for $500 which would be beyond my reach financially for several years. Then I realized I was GTG and really didn't have any empty spots in the safe. It was a sobering moment and I honestly feel awful for those who will for the foreseeable future do without unless they pay the premium those of us did during the last prohibition. I recently sold my Colt 6601 lower to a gentleman in NH for less than what I paid 11 years ago....

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I went to a few local stores on Sat. Nothing left, except some shotguns, and hi-end pistols, and some overworked employees! Online -everything is sold. I planned to by a 5.56 upper last month, I waited too long.
            Last edited by sneaky one; 12-24-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Taylormade

Yeah there's always people that will over pay in panic and cause prices to rise for no reason, I'll just wait till the government puts out its plan that may or may not pass. Worst case their gonna ban high cap mags or maybe even production of new lowers but you'll always be able to buy uppers and parts so overpaying for one now is just a waist of money.

Comment

I paid suggested retail for a Daniel Defense M4 V7 light weight direct from DD, the gun is supposed to ship the 7th. Worst case scenario, I bought a really nice rifle. I definitely would not pay a premium or anymore than MAP for any AR parts, etc. I don't have a 5.56 in my safe so I thought it was a good investment.
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-24-2012, 08:13 PM. Reason: added text

Comment

• Deer Hunter

Originally posted by Taylormade View Post
                    It's madness right now for no good reason yet.
                    YET,being the keyword. In a sane world I would agree with you but sanity is something that is lacking in the world today. Can the anti-gunners succeed? I dont know but they have a powerful allie in the White House that intends to disarm us one way or another and it has nothing to do with Newton, CT?

Comment

Working...
                    X