• Daily Email...GOTTA DO IT!

Are y'all sending your daily emails?

Are your friends?

Is your family?

Comment

bump

Comment

• leopard6.5

I would recommend that anyone contacting their elected representatives include a solution to the problem in addition to telling them you disagree with proposed legislation.

The solution should be simple and easy to fund.

For example, my solution( feel free to use it if you want) for protecting our children( their stated goal) is to hire an armed guard for each school in the United States.

At first this sounds expensive and they would argue there is no money to fund this plan but my solution is this:

There are a little under 100,000 schools in the U.S. so I will round the number to 100,000 to make the math simpler and cleaner.

If we hire one armed guard for each school, preferrably ex-military or law enforcement, at $40,000.00 each, this would cost $4,000,000,000.00 ( 4 Billion dollars)

The federal budget for the Department of Education in Washington D.C. is approx. $70,000,000,000.00 ( 70 Billion dollars) per year and going up.

This is the people who are constantly saying all they do is care about kids whenever a proposal is made to cut their budget.

So we cut their budget by the needed $4,000,000,000.00 to fund the armed guards and we actually get something positive from this money instead of it being wasted as it is now.

It's a simple and funded solution and it gets their stated goal, remember they only care about our children, solved.
        It also makes it hard for them to argue against the solution.

Please keep contacting your representatives and local sheriffs.

Lee

Comment

• shotgun_wedding

Here's my latest stab at letters to my reps. I have written more in the last few weeks than I have in the previous several years, but as the OP said, it should be more often.

=====

The Honorable ________
          State of Washington
          __ Legislative District

Dear __________,

I am writing today regarding HB 1588. I am requesting that you vote 'AGAINST' it.

HB 1588 will not limit criminal access to guns. Current law already prohibits delivery of a firearm to anybody they have reasonable cause to believe are ineligible to possess them. Criminals break the law anyway, and can sell without paperwork, completely circumventing the law. Even the current background check system is flawed, because those who do not pass the check are usually not investigated further, and the database often does not contain current information.

There is no recent shooting that this law would have prevented the perpetrator from obtaining a gun - including the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, and the most recent by former LAPD officer Christopher Dorner.

Thank you for your service, and your consideration.

Respectfully,

Comment

Very nice SG. Hope we can all keep the pressure on. Meanwhile our nerd brothers are using their heads to keep ahead of the knownothings.

Comment

bump

Comment

Hornady has jumped in:

Comment

Working...
                X