Vets denied the right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vets denied the right?

There is an easy to use letter to reps app here. If you agree please take the time to use it.

Joe Manchin, he’s selling out your gun rights, and lying to you about it as well.   {flike} Reports out of Capitol Hill reveal that just-reelected turncoat West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin is about to stick a big knife in the back of American gun owners.  And to make matters worse, he’s lying about what he’s doing. Both Manchin and … Read more
    Last edited by Guest; 02-09-2013, 11:52 AM.
  • leopard6.5

I would recommend that anyone contacting their elected representatives include a solution to the problem in addition to telling them you disagree with proposed legislation.

The solution should be simple and easy to fund.

For example, my solution( feel free to use it if you want) for protecting our children( their stated goal) is to hire an armed guard for each school in the United States.

At first this sounds expensive and they would argue there is no money to fund this plan but my solution is this:

There are a little under 100,000 schools in the U.S. so I will round the number to 100,000 to make the math simpler and cleaner.

If we hire one armed guard for each school, preferrably ex-military or law enforcement, at $40,000.00 each, this would cost $4,000,000,000.00 ( 4 Billion dollars)

The federal budget for the Department of Education in Washington D.C. is approx. $70,000,000,000.00 ( 70 Billion dollars) per year and going up.

This is the people who are constantly saying all they do is care about kids whenever a proposal is made to cut their budget.

So we cut their budget by the needed $4,000,000,000.00 to fund the armed guards and we actually get something positive from this money instead of it being wasted as it is now.

It's a simple and funded solution and it gets their stated goal, remember they only care about our children, solved.
    It also makes it hard for them to argue against the solution.

Please keep contacting your representatives and local sheriffs.

Lee

Comment

Is there another link? I get yahoo mail when I click on this.

Comment

If you're sending your kid to public...and most private schools, you've already given up the largest part of the battle. Starting with the curriculum, your children will be indoctrinated with a constant barrage of useful idiot Marxism, perpetrated on their fresh minds by multi-generational indoctrinates in Marxism.

Science class will really be indoctrination into the religion of Anthropomorphic Global Warming, animal rights activism, and guilt for being born part of the human species. Very few of your children will ever hear the idea of the Scientific Method, generating hypotheses, structuring of experiments, setting up controls, etc.

Since the teachers don't even know the geography of your State, let alone our most unique Nation, your children will be an extremely rare exception if they learn even basic political boundaries in geography. Forget about them learning the major world rivers, mountain ranges, trade route choke points, production centers, arable farmland areas, deltas, tributaries, population centers, deep sea ports, and canals. They can't learn these things, since the "teachers" and administrators don't know them. How many polysci majors with even a Masters degree knows these things? Most of them wrote thesis papers on useful idiot topics, like some obscure victim status group, eliciting an even deeper guilt reflex for being human and living in the US or developed world.

Your "history" teachers, which are few and far between, will usually dish out more of this template. US History? First thing out of their mouths is slavery and maybe the Civil War.

Math teachers? Open the book to page...here's your worksheet....

Sex ed. Now here's where the curriculum really kicks in. Let's introduce the topic of free dopamine to adolescents, and children more and more, so that the last thing they will ever want to do is study classical disciplines described above.

Top it off with a constant popularity contest in who can dress like a male or female prostitute-vampire, with no testosterone-driven male role models, and you have a recipe for the eradication of a generation's ability to be a viable civilization.

My dad's generation was the peak of intellectual capacity of this Nation, I'm afraid. They passed onto us a technology and infrastructure that we neither understand, nor can improve or maintain. There are still a few geniuses out there who know how to connect-the-dots, but nothing like the numbers of graduates who became engineers, mathematicians, and highly-educated students that truly developed an era of achievement that was revolutionary in human achievement.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          If you're sending your kid to public...and most private schools, you've already given up the largest part of the battle. Starting with the curriculum, your children will be indoctrinated with a constant barrage of useful idiot Marxism, perpetrated on their fresh minds by multi-generational indoctrinates in Marxism.

Science class will really be indoctrination into the religion of Anthropomorphic Global Warming, animal rights activism, and guilt for being born part of the human species. Very few of your children will ever hear the idea of the Scientific Method, generating hypotheses, structuring of experiments, setting up controls, etc.

Since the teachers don't even know the geography of your State, let alone our most unique Nation, your children will be an extremely rare exception if they learn even basic political boundaries in geography. Forget about them learning the major world rivers, mountain ranges, trade route choke points, production centers, arable farmland areas, deltas, tributaries, population centers, deep sea ports, and canals. They can't learn these things, since the "teachers" and administrators don't know them. How many polysci majors with even a Masters degree knows these things? Most of them wrote thesis papers on useful idiot topics, like some obscure victim status group, eliciting an even deeper guilt reflex for being human and living in the US or developed world.

Your "history" teachers, which are few and far between, will usually dish out more of this template. US History? First thing out of their mouths is slavery and maybe the Civil War.

Math teachers? Open the book to page...here's your worksheet....

Sex ed. Now here's where the curriculum really kicks in. Let's introduce the topic of free dopamine to adolescents, and children more and more, so that the last thing they will ever want to do is study classical disciplines described above.

Top it off with a constant popularity contest in who can dress like a male or female prostitute-vampire, with no testosterone-driven male role models, and you have a recipe for the eradication of a generation's ability to be a viable civilization.

My dad's generation was the peak of intellectual capacity of this Nation, I'm afraid. They passed onto us a technology and infrastructure that we neither understand, nor can improve or maintain. There are still a few geniuses out there who know how to connect-the-dots, but nothing like the numbers of graduates who became engineers, mathematicians, and highly-educated students that truly developed an era of achievement that was revolutionary in human achievement.
          Oh, I don't know about that. All 4 of my kids went to public school, then on to public college and universities. All recognized what the liberal agenda was, most times with only minimal prodding from me.

TRUE education takes place at home, the school stuff is actually just a basis for discussion. If parents handle it right, you can use that liberal leaning education to create a springboard into logic, scientific method, etc.

My then high school aged daughter (enrolled in a "Running Start" Community College course) took the gun control debate to a higher level and wrote an English 201 presentation on the 2nd Amendment that was convincing enough that her professor gave her an A+ and then obtained his CCW and purchased a pistol, followed by an AR and shotgun!

Proper education is a parents responsibility, and if a parent is actually involved, you can use a public school education to create a very well rounded individual who thinks rationally and on their own, and thats really the goal, isn't it?

The real issue is parenting, or perhaps better stated, the lack of parenting!
          Last edited by bwaites; 02-07-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
            Oh, I don't know about that. All 4 of my kids went to public school, then on to public college and universities. All recognized what the liberal agenda was, most times with only minimal prodding from me.

TRUE education takes place at home, the school stuff is actually just a basis for discussion. If parents handle it right, you can use that liberal leaning education to create a springboard into logic, scientific method, etc.

My then high school aged daughter (enrolled in a "Running Start" Community College course) took the gun control debate to a higher level and wrote an English 201 presentation on the 2nd Amendment that was convincing enough that her professor gave her an A+ and then obtained his CCW and purchased a pistol, followed by an AR and shotgun!

Proper education is a parents responsibility, and if a parent is actually involved, you can use a public school education to create a very well rounded individual who thinks rationally and on their own, and thats really the goal, isn't it?

The real issue is parenting, or perhaps better stated, the lack of parenting!
            Amen brother it starts at home

Comment

Bill. You're a marginal exception to the demographics, with an in-tact family, multiple children, with an extended support network that shares the same values.

In much of the country, especially the urbanized areas, we have many single-parent homes, with a passing-through "significant other" for the primary custody parent, with children raised in daycare and public school, and that's the new norm for a working family.

Meanwhile, millions are growing up with stay-at-home biological entities who no longer work, but receive a check from the US Treasury and the State Treasury, while playing XBOX and getting high with their kids. I've seen it from sea-to-shining sea, unfortunately...kids walking to the bus stop with the doobie left over in the ash tray in the trailer park, or parents and grandparents passing a joint around with their kids and grandchildren, none of them working.

The parents are eager for the kids to be taken care of by someone else during the day, so they can do whatever it is they do at home while the kids are getting indoctrinated at the nearby propaganda warehouse, funded by the few remaining residents who actually are employed or running a business and paying property taxes for the educated idiots on the government dole-out in the classroom, yearning to retire early and generate even more unfunded liabilities for the State taxpayers.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Bill. You're a marginal exception to the demographics, with an in-tact family, multiple children, with an extended support network that shares the same values.

In much of the country, especially the urbanized areas, we have many single-parent homes, with a passing-through "significant other" for the primary custody parent, with children raised in daycare and public school, and that's the new norm for a working family.

Meanwhile, millions are growing up with stay-at-home biological entities who no longer work, but receive a check from the US Treasury and the State Treasury, while playing XBOX and getting high with their kids. I've seen it from sea-to-shining sea, unfortunately...kids walking to the bus stop with the doobie left over in the ash tray in the trailer park, or parents and grandparents passing a joint around with their kids and grandchildren, none of them working.

The parents are eager for the kids to be taken care of by someone else during the day, so they can do whatever it is they do at home while the kids are getting indoctrinated at the nearby propaganda warehouse, funded by the few remaining residents who actually are employed or running a business and paying property taxes for the educated idiots on the government dole-out in the classroom, yearning to retire early and generate even more unfunded liabilities for the State taxpayers.
                Yes, and thus my point about lack of parenting.

BUT, to paraphrase.....Its not the schools, its the parents!

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                  Yes, and thus my point about lack of parenting.

BUT, to paraphrase.....Its not the schools, its the parents!
                  Amen to that! Ive seen what both of you speak of, from public schools to private to military academy to home school, the common deciding factor was the parenting or lack thereof.

Comment

• COTNTOP
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2011

Just how do you fix that problem? The libs will defeat parenthood through the unwashed mass. FREE SHIT rules. Everyone dodges the real problem, will not elaborate on that due to being kicked off this forum.

Comment

• sneaky one
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Hey, All of you guys have a good point in here. Calm down, for the forums sake.
                      It's true-America needs a Flush. who want's to do it? Call obammer-he's in the mood-maybe.
                      L-52-do you have a better way , other than home schooled kids?

Comment

• montana
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2011

Sending children to public school does not mean they are not still home schooled. When parents rely on society to raise their children rather than themselves," failure is an almost guarantee." If change is going to happen in this country it has to begin in the home.

Comment

Originally posted by montana View Post
                          Sending children to public school does not mean they are not still home schooled. When parents rely on society to raise their children rather than themselves," failure is an almost guarantee." If change is going to happen in this country it has to begin in the home.
                          +1. My son attends public schools -best in the district- they dont demand the children answer yes maam, no maam, etc. We teach that among other things in my household. The things I use to get so pissed at my stepdad about, Im teaching my child now. To me the cub/boy scouts isnt what it was when I was in. On a side note, everyone say a prayer for my MIL, as she was diagnosed with stage 4 non-smokers lung cancer @ 10 months ago and her treatments were going well. Now some tumors have shown back up and things arent looking great.

Thanks

Comment

• Variable
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
                            +1. My son attends public schools -best in the district- they dont demand the children answer yes maam, no maam, etc. We teach that among other things in my household. The things I use to get so pissed at my stepdad about, Im teaching my child now. To me the cub/boy scouts isnt what it was when I was in. On a side note, everyone say a prayer for my MIL, as she was diagnosed with stage 4 non-smokers lung cancer @ 10 months ago and her treatments were going well. Now some tumors have shown back up and things arent looking great.

Thanks
                            Prayers sent!
                            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• montana
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post

Thanks
                              My prayer was sent. My mother has primary peritoneal cancer and is in treatment so I know what you are dealing with. She has been fighting this for 13 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X