• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

One gun/month - yet another unconstitutional "law" struck down in CA

Judge Grants Summary Judgement Against CA's One-Gun-a-Month Law (breitbart.com)

U.S. District Judge William Q. Hayes granted a summary judgment against California’s one-gun-a-month (OGM) law on Monday.
    Plaintiffs in the case included the Second Amendment Foundation, the Firearms Policy Coalition, and the San Diego County Gun Owners PAC.
    Judge Hayes, a George W. Bush appointee, noted, “The fact that the OGM law burdens Plaintiffs’ Second Amendment right rather than outright prevents Plaintiffs’ from keeping and bearing arms is not determinative of whether the proposed conduct is covered by the plain text of the Second Amendment.”
    Hayes went on to test the constitutionality of the OGM law by weighing it in light of Bruen (2022), testing it specifically by the requirement some precedent of such gun control exists in our nation’s history.
    He pointed out, “Because Plaintiffs’ proposed conduct is covered by the plain text of the Second Amendment, Defendants must prove that the OGM law is ‘consistent with the Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation.’”
    Defendants pointed to taxing and licensing laws, but Hayes countered them:
    The taxing and licensing regulations are not “relevantly similar” to the OGM law…Unlike the OGM law, taxing and licensing regulations placed no limit on the quantity or frequency with which one could acquire firearms. In fact, the licensing regulations proffered by Defendants imposed no burden on the acquisition of firearms; they regulated only the seller. Accordingly, these laws do not establish a “tradition of firearm regulation” similar to the OGM law.
    Defendants have not met their burden of producing a “well-established and representative historical analogue” to the OGM law…The Court therefore concludes that Plaintiffs are entitled to summary judgment as to the constitutionality of the OGM law under the Second Amendment.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
  • Konocti's Wigwam
    Warrior
    • Sep 2023

What a ridiculous law. Currently, in California, you need to send all purchases of ammo through an FFL...

So far, we can purchase reloading components over the counter...pretty nice of them, heh?
    From my cold dead endmill...

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

That has been one of my contentions for a while -- get into reloading. It's analogous to "grow your own veggies" -- which I am, admittedly, not a good farmer, but I can work a press.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
        Warrior
        • Sep 2023

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
        That has been one of my contentions for a while -- get into reloading. It's analogous to "grow your own veggies" -- which I am, admittedly, not a good farmer, but I can work a press.
        Amen, me too! My wife grows basil, rosemary, and cilantro. We get lemons from our friends. I started reloading 15+ years ago. Our laws are much worse in California than it is for you in Virginia. In spring we grow tomatoes, zucchini and green onions.

It seems that much of this BS is about to end, but I've been saying that since the 80s. I wonder if/when it actually happens?

Now Newscum is clamoring about shutting down more prisons and letting the felons back on the street...if it was up to me I'd start recognizing the death penalty for at least some of these pukes.
        Last edited by Konocti's Wigwam; 03-12-2024, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
          Warrior
          • Sep 2023

grayfox here's another video from the Four Boxes Diner (Mark Smith) on this subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvQJrPeZqu8

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
            Warrior
            • Sep 2023

Another video on this by Copper Jacket (video seems to be broken on 65grendel.com)

Comment

• Zeneffect
              Chieftain
              • May 2020

30 day stay as I understand it for state to appeal. 9th is gonna 9th so I have zero expectations.

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
                Warrior
                • Sep 2023

This video from the CRPA explains why the text of the case is so important.

Comment

• Konocti's Wigwam
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2023

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                  grayfox If you don't reload now, it is definitely the time to start, IMO. I have plenty of reloading components, although I could use more 6.5 Grendel bullets, I have plenty of what I need to defend myself. If I have to I'll use my lowly 5.56, those puny bullets are good out to a few hundred yards. Picking powders that can be loaded in more than 1 caliber can be key to having what you need.

Seriously, I would recommend the cheapest route to start, get a single stage press, heck buy one used. Get a set of Lee Pacesetter die set for the 6.5 Grendel, it's cheap, like $30, and comes with a fl sizer, seater and crimp. I don't use the crimp, but have a few sets of Redding dies also. I have stuck to the Redding dies when I can as PTG makes the reamers for them. Any SAAMI cartridges probably don't matter, as the spec is solid. but CIP seems questionable to me. That said, I have a 375 CheyTac blank and bolt to build as my 2nd bolt rifle, and it's CIP, not SAAMI.

You could get started with reloading for $200 and it would pay for itself quickly. Don't be afraid to post a thread in the reloading forum.

Alan

Comment

Working...
                  X