WASH STATE anti-gun bill allows annual WARRANTLESS search of your home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WASH STATE anti-gun bill allows annual WARRANTLESS search of your home!

Wow. Talk about over reach. These people don't even think when they draft this crap. Giving the sheriff carte blanche to just enter and search a persons house without a warrant. All to insure that people are storing their firearms the way the government wants. Disgusting.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...neat17xml.html
    Just a small portion of the story ...
    . . . Responding to the Newtown school massacre, the bill would ban the sale of semi-automatic weapons that use detachable ammunition magazines. Clips that contain more than 10 rounds would be illegal.

But then, with respect to the thousands of weapons like that already owned by Washington residents, the bill says this:

Arrogant fools. They will be suffering the effect of their own idiocy in due time.

They think Machievelli, Levy, Resseau, Jefferson, Madison, were all idiots.

This is yet another classic example of what the Bible calls "wise in their own conceits"

Comment

• Deer Hunter

How long do we continue this charade?

Comment

That's the question that I can't get settled on...

Comment

Yet another amendment gets trampled.

Comment

• shotgun_wedding

They got caught, but it wasn't a mistake or oversight, like they are making it out to be. To believe that, you must subscribe to the following logic: "Yes, I am a legislator - that is my job. I read and write bills for a living. We submit gun control bills every session in the hope that at least one will pass. I've been here since 1995 (Ed Murray, the chief sponsor), and I'm the Majority Leader in the Senate. I have no idea how that language got into my bill - one of my staffers obviously put it in there without letting anyone else know..."

Interestingly, there is no mention on their Gun Violence Prevention page (guessing it got scrubbed):
            http://blog.senatedemocrats.wa.gov/t...n-legislation/.

Comment

These are the useful idiots working for the enemy within the boundaries of their own Nation, which they hate after years of conditioning. It's to be expected.

I don't see the Washington State LEO's looking forward to enforcing this kind of legislation, but what if the plan is to kill as many LEO's and American patriots in one act? Then it makes a lot of sense. Too many LEO's are law-abiding, morally-driven people, so they need to be gotten rid of since they can't be counted on to do the bidding of a tyrannical regime.

If they're not willing to kick-in innocent people's doors, then they will face the wrath of the narco-terrorist cartels, and their new friends from the Middle East.

I see way too much dissension being created by the propaganda machine between the people and LEO's, and it appears to be working. Notice all the Liveleak and youtube videos showing the worst-cases of apparent police abuse, but where are the videos of good police work? Yes, there are plenty of bad apples in LE, who work for organized crime, but they are the first wave of defense during an insurgency, and will be targeted simply for being in uniform.

I'll side with them against narco-terrorists and foreign invaders any day.

Comment

I am surprised that nobody has "put the shoe on the other foot"—Register politicians, not guns.

I am surprised that every time a politician proposes, co-authors, votes, or speaks favorably about gun bans that the politician's name, home address, and offense is not publicly posted on an internet site they cannot touch, cannot ever erase.

I wonder how they would feel about registration.

Comment

• Kikn
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2011

Perhaps since they can't read legislation we should pass a law to force them to write legislation in ink on paper. Old school fellas.

That way there is no chance that legislation is manipulated by an activist assistant that works for a legislator, nor can a document be"accidentally" replaced electronically.

It will serve more than one purpose.

1. It will prevent excessive garbage in legislation from being written. Seriously who wants to have to rewrite all that by hand when you screw up.

2. You can no longer say I didn't know that was in there. And it truly forces politicians to do their job and not passes it down to assistants.

3. And it will tie them up and prevent them from writing more crap into law restricting freedom

Comment

How much do you want to bet that the same A-holes that introduced this garbage would say that drug testing for welfare checks would be intrusive or demoralizing...

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by bdevr View Post
                      How much do you want to bet that the same A-holes that introduced this garbage would say that drug testing for welfare checks would be intrusive or demoralizing...
                      I'd take that bet, that you're right!
                      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

As the 4th amendment is one of the supreme laws of the land, one that police officers swear to uphold and protect, I wonder if they will go along with it.

I don't think they can get over the warrant required. The probable cause requirement may be made by the new law, but it is a stretch.

I hope the sheriffs, who are voted in by the people, stay to their oaths and refuse to implement it.

There again, I would like the politicians who voted for the bill, to be tried for subverting the US and Washington constitutions. The correct way to make this change is by changing the constitution, not adding contrary lessor laws that are essentially invalid as the supreme law has, well, supremacy.

NOTE 1: SECTION 2 SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND. The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the land.

Comment

Working...
                        X