X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I think you bring up a very good point there Von Gruff.

In the past--- When we could no longer stand other folks' noses in our business and their fingers in our pockets we simply pulled up stakes moved to new land and carved out successful new countries through hard work and danger.

With nowhere new to move to any longer, I have no idea how everyone will be able to avoid killing each other en masse before we could even possibly terraform other planets. Things'll likely get very ugly before (if ever) we manage to spread beyond Earth. If only we could be space colonists, we could be remote enough to be free again.

The Grendel would be handy on the new found "terran prairie forms".
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
      I generally prefer to let people find their own conclusion, while pointing them at stuff that led me to mine.
      Bill, I always draw my own conclusions. But, in order to do so, I first had to find out what you meant by "re-boot" the economy. It sounded like you were talking about intentionally shutting down the current system and starting over, something that I couldn't imagine as remotely possible.

Even waiting for the economy to collapse and then trying to revert to the way it was decades ago seems nearly impossible. Unless all of the liberals die off during the collapse...
      My hope is that it happens sooner, rather than later, so I can be part of the rebuild and not leave it to my kids and grandkids. As Thomas Paine said, "If there be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
      Well, I have no kids, and am selfish enough to hope that it doesn't happen while I'm alive.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
        Bill, I always draw my own conclusions. But, in order to do so, I first had to find out what you meant by "re-boot" the economy. It sounded like you were talking about intentionally shutting down the current system and starting over, something that I couldn't imagine as remotely possible.

Even waiting for the economy to collapse and then trying to revert to the way it was decades ago seems nearly impossible. Unless all of the liberals die off during the collapse...

Well, I have no kids, and am selfish enough to hope that it doesn't happen while I'm alive.
        I doubt all the liberals will "die", but I suspect that a great many people who consider themselves liberals now will begin to recognize that they aren't TRULY liberals, and will rapidly change in the interest of self preservation.

I would point at a great number of Hollywood, Sports, Entertainment, and other millionaires who think they are liberal, but don't actually contribute any significant amount to charity. (To me, significant starts at 10% or more of your assets and income.) If they really believe the liberal line, why wouldn't they be doing so? Why, for instance, does Warren Buffett espouse a luxury tax, and then send his accountants to war with the IRS?

Many of them are closet fiscal conservatives, happy to spend other peoples money, but not so willing to spend their own. Buffett seems of this group.

Studies differ in their analysis of charitable giving, but none of them show that Liberals give MORE than Conservatives; indeed, most show conservatives giving more, or at least giving equally to Liberals. IF Liberals REALLY believe that sharing the wealth is a good thing, why aren't they sharing theirs more?

The economic reset is going to happen, and there simply is nothing that can be done about it at this point. We are on the path Argentina went down in the late 1990's early 2000's, and will have very similar results. No one we elect can change it.

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

bwaites probably has given sound advice about preparing. Watch this 20 minute documentary from CBC and decide for your self.

Comment

• Von Gruff
            Chieftain
            • Apr 2012

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

sigpic Von Gruff

Grendel-Max

Exodus 20:1-17
            Acts 4:10-12

Comment

Working...
            X