X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-D printed gun is ITAR'd

The world's largest 3D gun repository.

...and terrorists are so last year, angry parents are the crisis du jour:

Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2013, 04:13 AM.
  • shotgun_wedding

I wonder if those cops ever thought of training against angry white pregnant women?

Comment

• Variable
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Beat me to it.

"The battle for control of dangerous digital shapes may have just begun.

On Thursday, Defense Distributed founder Cody Wilson received a letter from the State Department Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance demanding that he take down the online blueprints for the 3D-printable “Liberator” handgun that his group released Monday, along with nine other 3D-printable firearms components hosted on the group’s website Defcad.org. The government says it wants to review the files for compliance with arms export control laws known as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, or ITAR. By uploading the weapons files to the Internet and allowing them to be downloaded abroad, the letter implies Wilson’s high-tech gun group may have violated those export controls.

“Until the Department provides Defense Distributed with final [commodity jurisdiction] determinations, Defense Distributed should treat the above technical data as ITAR-controlled,” reads the letter, referring to a list of ten CAD files hosted on Defcad that include the 3D-printable gun, silencers, sights and other pieces. “This means that all data should be removed from public acces immediately. Defense Distributed should review the remainder of the data made public on its website to determine whether any other data may be similarly controlled and proceed according to ITAR requirements.”

The sixteen parts of Defense Distributed's 3D-printable gun, the Liberator. The battle for control of dangerous digital shapes may have just begun. On Thursday, Defense Distributed founder Cody Wilson received a letter from the State Department Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance demanding that he take down the online blueprints for the [...]

I guess it's on like Donkey Kong now...
      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
        Warrior
        • Apr 2011

I've been wandering over the web following this for the past couple of hours. The DERP is strong in many of the replies. Standard liberal nonsense bereft of any actual legal knowledge. You know, same thing got the asshat reelected.

Be interesting to see how they manage to enforce this crap. I mean, it is truly out of the bottle now that The Pirate's Bay has it.

Comment

If I were Cody Wilson, I'd ask the State Department to explain why they have allowed an unprecedented series of sales of hundreds of billions worth of advanced US weapons systems to be sold to known state sponsors of terrorism and narco-trafficking into the US:

Saudi Arabia
          Pakistan
          Dubai
          Mexico

Just for starters...plus Pakistan has nuclear weapons....and they're worried about a 3D plastic zip gun blueprint? Cue the scene from Airplane again where the granny is getting strip-searched as the terrorists walk by with RPG's, AK's, and grenades.

Comment

I used to think Hell was a bit severe...

Comment

Working...
            X