Firearms UK response to Gun Control Network website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearms UK response to Gun Control Network website

The arguments against tighter gun controls in the already highly restrictive atmosphere in the UK sound very similar to our own discussions.

The interesting thing is that the Firearms UK discussion says them in a slightly different manner (and context) than our own pro-2A debates. So, reading over their rebuttals may add to our own tool chest for the US 2A debate:

and the struggle continues...
  • Buck2732
    Warrior
    • Feb 2012

Here is something which has been on the news over here.

A Bristol magistrate fined £300 for breaching the terms of his firearms licence says he is going to step down from the bench.

If you loose the struggle you could look forward to news like this.
    Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
      Warrior
      • Oct 2012

What in the world is one meant to do with ammo you find in an old chest of drawers or something? Can you call the police to come get them without having that used as evidence against you of a crime?

Comment

You are possibly in serious trouble with the law.

There has been at least one instance where a citizen found a shotgun and brought it into the station for turn-in. He was imprisoned because he touched a dangerous weapon.

Ammunition seems to be in the same category.

Yes we really do have to find a way to get through the emotional persuasion being used to destroy the second amendment.

Simple logic doesn't work with this generation of 'philosophers' who try to use 'reason' to prove anything they think is right. Hence the inevitable result is a lot of shouting matches since that attitude means a lot of people can 'prove' the rightness of their frequently conflicting causes.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
          Warrior
          • Oct 2012

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck2732 View Post

A Bristol magistrate fined £300 for breaching the terms of his firearms licence says he is going to step down from the bench.

This is so ludicrous, it's almost comical:

The extra ammunition took him 110 rounds over the limit allowed by his licence.

When police visited his home his guns and ammunition were seized.

At an earlier hearing Marter, who is also a North Somerset Conservative councillor for the Banwell and Winscombe constituency, pleaded guilty to possessing ammunition.
            England, is there any hope left for you?

There has been at least one instance where a citizen found a shotgun and brought it into the station for turn-in. He was imprisoned because he touched a dangerous weapon.
            What I remember was a shotgun found at a children's park. The proactive serf secured it, cleared it, called police, and waited until they arrived as to ensure that it didn't provide a mechanism for endangering the children.

A few years ago, my wife and I were driving through a rural town here in Utah, and witnessed 2 young boys carrying a pheasant, both with youth model shotguns in-hand. It brought joy to our faces like the morning spring sunshine.
            Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2013, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Buck2732 View Post

Buck, I'm sorry that you live where GREAT Britain used to be. This story is absolutely without common sense or any reason.

Comment

...and, as we listen to the emotionally charged lies from folks like Mayor Bloomberg, it is all to easy for us to lose any semblance of protection under the second amendment.

We are already on the way to living in Buck's world. Look at the common sense and reason applied to US school-age children who draw cartoons of firearms, use the word gun, and so on. This is a generation being taught that guns should not exist and that only evil people have them. They will only have a 'philosophical' basis for their emotions toward guns, but the damage will have been done.

I have only recently seen pro-gun folks think about how to answer the emotional arguments. Logic and provable facts don't seem to have an effect in many of these discussions-debates-arguments-shouting matches. It is not for nothing that many have earned the label 'sheeple'...

Comment

• Buck2732
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                  Buck, I'm sorry that you live where GREAT Britain used to be. This story is absolutely without common sense or any reason.
                  The days when this quote from Cecil Rhodes rang true have long gone "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life".

Government have virtually done away with Great Britain in its place is the wishy washy United Kingdom. I still insist on putting my nationally down on forms as English crossing out British and using the slot reserved for "other". If they insist on UK then recognize the four nations... Ok I will get of the soapbox now.

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                  This is so ludicrous, it's almost comical:

England, is there any hope left for you?

Short answer NO

What I remember was a shotgun found at a children's park. The proactive serf secured it, cleared it, called police, and waited until they arrived as to ensure that it didn't provide a mechanism for endangering the children.

He also made sure the wpn did not get into the hands of the local gang, he is now in our version of the WPP (if we are talking about the same guy).

A few years ago, my wife and I were driving through a rural town here in Utah, and witnessed 2 young boys carrying a pheasant, both with youth model shotguns in-hand. It brought joy to our faces like the morning spring sunshine.
                  A shotgun uncovered = A firearms charge. Also depending on their age further charge for Mum/Dad. The pheasant would poss lead to a "poaching charge".
                  Last edited by Buck2732; 06-23-2013, 10:10 AM.
                  Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• Kikn
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by JASmith View Post

We are already on the way to living in Buck's world. Look at the common sense and reason applied to US school-age children who draw cartoons of firearms, use the word gun, and so on. This is a generation being taught that guns should not exist and that only evil people have them. They will only have a 'philosophical' basis for their emotions toward guns, but the damage will have been Done...
                    So If A Nick Is A Nack And A Nack Is A Nuck Is The Government Also Evil.....

Comment

Working...
                    X