• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buck2732
    Warrior
    • Feb 2012

A review of how gun control has "worked" in the UK

Enjoy

Keep fighting for you rights, or this could be your future.
    Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Most excellent. That one's goind in my files!!

Thanks kindly Buck'.

Comment

Yes, it is truly a shame, that the US is headed the way we are headed. Last evening I was in a check out line at a local food store, and was wearing as I often do, a shirt promoting the shooting sports. This one was a collared Under Armor shirt that had the Camp Perry logo of the NRA, CMP and Ohio National Guard emblems displayed. The lady at checkout asked me, "what is Camp Perry" I explained it is where the national high power rife matches are held. She grimaced and said I hate guns. To which I replied it is an honorable match in which the top riflemen in the US compete to see who is the best and to promote progress in the art of shooting a rifle well. She said, "I hope your wife is safe". I found this odd since my wife was standing by my side. My wife simply commented, "yes, I'm very safe, are you"? She seemed flustered and angered by my wife's response. Now you must understand I Live on Florida's Gulf Coast and only 8% of the residents are Florida natives, most are from Detroit, Chicago, and a few from NY and NJ. I'm quite certain she was from the north east coast judging by her accent. But it just serves to show how the sentiment is changing in our once great nation.
      We should be all about educating and promoting the good that guns do in our society, otherwise the ignorant will rule.
      Bob
      Last edited by Guest; 07-08-2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
        Warrior
        • Apr 2011

Back before I left the PRC(hicago) I used to get that "I hate guns" riff alot. I used to reply, "Yeah. Y'know what I hate? Those electric meat slicers! Those things are the devil! Reach out and slice your hand right off!"

That usually got me a stupid stare and a lame question about how a meat slicer could--? At which point the discussion could easily be steered towards tools and how they do or don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
          Yes, it is truly a shame, that the US is headed the way we are headed. Last evening I was in a check out line at a local food store, and was wearing as I often do, a shirt promoting the shooting sports. This one was a collared Under Armor shirt that had the Camp Perry logo of the NRA, CMP and Ohio National Guard emblems displayed. The lady at checkout asked me, "what is Camp Perry" I explained it is where the national high power rife matches are held. She grimaced and said I hate guns. To which I replied it is an honorable match in which the top riflemen in the US compete to see who is the best and to promote progress in the art of shooting a rifle well. She said, "I hope your wife is safe". I found this odd since my wife was standing by my side. My wife simply commented, "yes, I'm very safe, are you"? She seemed flustered and angered by my wife's response. Now you must understand I Live on Florida's Gulf Coast and only 8% of the residents are Florida natives, most are from Detroit, Chicago, and a few from NY and NJ. I'm quite certain she was from the north east coast judging by her accent. But it just serves to show how the sentiment is changing in our once great nation.
          We should be all about educating and promoting the good that guns do in our society, otherwise the ignorant will rule.
          Bob
          Ill regurgitate a quote from a wealthy, very intelligent gentleman I met who has become a great friend of mine. " The ignorance of America never ceases to amaze me!" Simple, but true.

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by TheOTHERmaninblack View Post
            Back before I left the PRC(hicago) I used to get that "I hate guns" riff alot. I used to reply, "Yeah. Y'know what I hate? Those electric meat slicers! Those things are the devil! Reach out and slice your hand right off!"

That usually got me a stupid stare and a lame question about how a meat slicer could--? At which point the discussion could easily be steered towards tools and how they do or don't work.
            Theothermaninblack I'm going to still that if you don't mind. I'm going to have to rehearse it, so I can keep a straight face the next time someone tells me they hate guns.
            "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
              Bob
              Does your wife shoot? Has she offered to take that cashier to the range?

Comment

• Buck2732
                Warrior
                • Feb 2012

More rubbish from the UK

Bill Edwards, 21, was arrested for attempted murder after he fired a shotgun at the van of a metal thief who was speeding towards his mother at their farm near Scarborough, but was never charged.
                Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• Buck2732
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2012

Then to balance the above there is this.

A judge has defended the rights of people to protect their homes, telling two burglars shot during a break-in: “That is the chance you take.”
                  Buck2732

PER ARDUA

Comment

If I were in charge, you would be absolved from paying any income taxes for using a firearm for self-defense. I'm guessing that would create quite a peaceful society.

That first post makes me want to sponsor the kid to come to the US, but nobody should be forced from their homeland because they acted to defend their family from a crook. Maybe shariah law will have some benefits for England?

The second link gives one hope.

Comment

Working...
                    X