• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • babaganoush
    Warrior
    • Jan 2013

Illinois doesn't need legislation to curtail 2A rights

Saw this in today's news. Illinois Governor is writing his own anti 2A law...

Apparently, it doesn't matter what the bill passed by the state legislature says - he can rewrite it to his own liking. Sounds like a broken system, to me.
    "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by babaganoush View Post
    Saw this in today's news. Illinois Governor is writing his own anti 2A law...

Apparently, it doesn't matter what the bill passed by the state legislature says - he can rewrite it to his own liking. Sounds like a broken system, to me.
    Obama Lite. If it doesn't say what I want it to say, I'll simply ignore it, or better yet, rewrite it!

Hopefully the Court will find him in contempt!

Comment

I also heard the legislature was going to overturn his veto time will tell

Comment

• COTNTOP
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

Northern aggression is a disease.

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
          Warrior
          • Apr 2011

Illinois devolves into Chicago. Has for a hundred years. Chicago is corrupt. Has been for a hundred and fifty years, at least. In Chicago, the machine wins. Always. Because the machine counts the votes-- and has since Stalin was a pup. Law in Chicago (and, therefore, Illinois for the most part) is what whoever the machine puts in power says it is. Always has been. It doesn't matter what the books say, only what you (can) enforce. Take it from me-- I grew up there, in and around the machine.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
            Warrior
            • Apr 2013

At least 9 dead, dozens wounded in Chicago during holiday weekend shootings AP, July 8, 2013 http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/08...liday-weekend/ What is it about the hard truth, "It takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun," that Governor Pat Quinn fails to see?

Comment

Working...
            X