• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OLd Man
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2012

Is this fai?

This seems like jury tampering. http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/mar...7/10/id/514423
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Old Man / Guys;

Come on fellows. Give me a break. This doesn't have a thing to do with the 2d Amendment. Not even if you used the fallacy of extension.

It is true, though. And if you don't like it, get a message to your Congressman.

LR1955

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Guys:

A couple of fellows have asked me why I locked this specific thead.

The reason is because the DoJ acted due to race and not the 2d Amendment.

The Zimmerman case concerns Florida laws governing the use of deadly force in self defense. Florida law, not US statute.

You can use the Butterfly Effect and whip up some sort of implied meaning for the 2d Amendment but the facts remain that the DoJ acted solely due to race. Certainly, if there is a secondary effect of some sort of oppression of gun ownership that comes from the trial, the current administration would not turn it down. However, gun ownership is not the reason the DoJ did what it did.

So, wait until the trial is over and if something factual comes out of it relating to the 2d Amendment then buy all means, post it.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

I am 100% in agreement here. If this shooting had been black on black, white on white, hispanic on hispanic, etc. AND there was an eyewitness that said the guy on top was "ground and pounding" the guy on the bottom, there would have been no further investigation into the shooting.

This isn't even a case based on Floridas "stand your ground" statutes. This a case based on race, not gun control, not 2A, not anything else.

As such, I agree 100% with LR1955's position on this.

Comment

Working...
        X