• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • babaganoush
    Warrior
    • Jan 2013

Zimmerman acquitted - but at what cost?

To me, it was always an open and closed case, based on testimony and evidence presented. Throughout the entire trial, and its lead up, the words of my CCW instructor have reverberated through my mind. He said that "It doesn't matter what the circumstances are, or how justified you may be. The fact is, if you shoot and kill someone, your life will never be the same."

GZ is living the nightmare of the aftermath, now. Yes, I am grateful the jury didn't get bamboozled by the prosecution, as I am sure all of us are. The point I want to underscore, here, is just how great the responsibility is for any gun owner, let alone someone who has made the decision to carry for their defense. A very sobering day for any rational person and I, for one, have had the time to consider my convictions on the subject.

My prayers are with both families, and for the leadership of this country to exercise restraint when the hue and cry resumes, calling for more ridiculous gun control. As tragic as this case was, it still came down to one man in fear for his life, and having the means to save it - one of the indisputable reasons we have the Second Amendment,
    "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Originally posted by babaganoush View Post
    To me, it was always an open and closed case, based on testimony and evidence presented. Throughout the entire trial, and its lead up, the words of my CCW instructor have reverberated through my mind. He said that "It doesn't matter what the circumstances are, or how justified you may be. The fact is, if you shoot and kill someone, your life will never be the same."

GZ is living the nightmare of the aftermath, now. Yes, I am grateful the jury didn't get bamboozled by the prosecution, as I am sure all of us are. The point I want to underscore, here, is just how great the responsibility is for any gun owner, let alone someone who has made the decision to carry for their defense. A very sobering day for any rational person and I, for one, have had the time to consider my convictions on the subject.

My prayers are with both families, and for the leadership of this country to exercise restraint when the hue and cry resumes, calling for more ridiculous gun control. As tragic as this case was, it still came down to one man in fear for his life, and having the means to save it - one of the indisputable reasons we have the Second Amendment,
    Why this case? Why not all of the other young men killed daily across the nation? What about all the shootings in Chicago?

The worst problem is the call for more gun control using Trayvon as a martyr.

Comment

• babaganoush
      Warrior
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
      Why this case? Why not all of the other young men killed daily across the nation? What about all the shootings in Chicago?

Not certain what you're referring to, when you ask "Why this case". But I look at this case particularly, as it is a CCW involved incident. I was reflecting on our responsibilities as firearm owners. Why the country and its fifth column, the media, are dwelling so much on this case and not the others is obvious. But also not the point I was making. That the libs will be making as much hay from this as they can, is.

Sorry for not being clearer, Trooper.
      "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
        Warrior
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Trooper View Post

Indeed: ". . . To be brutally honest, the only reason people are even aware of Trayvon Martin is becaust it became a topic within the mainstream news and pop culture. Meaning: News directors saw it as a profitable, sensational story. Hundreds of blacks die annually in South Side Chicago, without even a blurb. . . . My point being, people are up in arms about Trayvon based on regurgitated pundits and manipulated facts aired to elicit emotion, while fueling America's anger and division. . . . No different from Piers Morgan's desparate rant over gun control, . . . 'You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.' - Rahm Emanuel. . . ." --- American actor and music producer, Romany Malco, Message to Trayvon Martin Sympathizers http://www.huffingtonpost.com/romany...b_3612231.html

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

AFTERBURNER w/ BILL WHITTLE: The Lynching

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

Guys:

The film has nothing to do with the 2d Amendment.

The conversation has nothing to do with the 2d Amendment.

Keep the focus on the 2d Amendment, please.

LR1955

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

Well for once I am in total 100% disagreement with you.

The video highlights some of the back story that the media has deliberately omitted with their agenda. In addition to the cut and past audio tape NBC made of the audio recording and the media showing pictures of Trayvon when he was 12, as opposed to 17.

It was a shooting event (which is a 2nd amendment rights issue) and even in the beginning, Florida's 'stand your ground' law was highlighted when the police and DA called it a good shoot.

It moved to race pretty rapidly, but now that the trial is over, the race baiters are out and the Florida 'stand your ground' law is being attacked again.

Even McCain has said “Arizona's stand your ground should be reviewed and the attacks against firearms and the 2nd are ramping up and the politicians and other progressives are, again, using the opportunity and energy of an event, just like they did with the school and movie theater shootings.

I am actually amazed that you don't understand that.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Actually, "Stand Your Ground" laws are not related to the Second Amendment except peripherally. If they were a 2A issue, there would be no need for additional laws defining when you might protect yourself.

Admittedly, discussing the 2A without involving the 1A and other Constitutional issues becomes difficult.

I'm OK with the video link, but please make sure you stay within the guidelines of 2A discussion.

Comment

• LR1955
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by appleseed-kdc View Post
                  Well for once I am in total 100% disagreement with you.

The video highlights some of the back story that the media has deliberately omitted with their agenda. In addition to the cut and past audio tape NBC made of the audio recording and the media showing pictures of Trayvon when he was 12, as opposed to 17.

It was a shooting event (which is a 2nd amendment rights issue) and even in the beginning, Florida's 'stand your ground' law was highlighted when the police and DA called it a good shoot.

It moved to race pretty rapidly, but now that the trial is over, the race baiters are out and the Florida 'stand your ground' law is being attacked again.

Even McCain has said “Arizona's stand your ground should be reviewed and the attacks against firearms and the 2nd are ramping up and the politicians and other progressives are, again, using the opportunity and energy of an event, just like they did with the school and movie theater shootings.

I am actually amazed that you don't understand that.
                  ASK:

Your assumptions about me are wrong. Not to worry. I forgive you.

I understand perfectly how the left uses anything to push an agenda. And I more than understand how the media is basically a propaganda tool for the leftists. The left will use anything to push any part of their agenda. The media will support it. Nothing noteworthy about the bigotry and bias of the media.

If you have found any political efforts that are anti-2A and which are directly related to the trial or this video, and that has a chance of succeeding in any state or at the federal level, please bring them out.

LR1955

Comment

Working...
                  X