Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DirectDrive

Alexander Arms website hacked

I saw on another forum that the AA website was hacked.
    I went there, and sure enough it's hacked.
    Some Islamist that has issues with a Dutch politician.
    I don't think I picked anything up but I didn't open anything either. (there are hot links and a video)
    Hopefully he gets nuked in short order.
  • babaganoush
    Warrior
    • Jan 2013

My best advice is to avoid going to gawk. Who knows what malware was included as a special surprise.
    "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
      Warrior
      • Oct 2012

I can confirm it was done, and am presently going to run malware bytes. lol

Edit: I can't swear I got it there...but there is at least one infected item and the scan isn't done yet...so in the abundance of caution...I too recommend giving it a miss.
      Last edited by KentuckyBuddha; 08-06-2013, 03:15 AM.

Comment

• wheelguner
        Warrior
        • Oct 2011

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!

Comment

• hill.brandonj

Ha. I jut went there. It's my iPhone. So screw it its interesting. That's for sure

Comment

• DirectDrive

Originally posted by hill.brandonj View Post
            Ha. I jut went there. It's my iPhone. So screw it its interesting. That's for sure
            That is the enemy.
            He is not interesting, but it is good to know him.

Comment

• hill.brandonj

I found it interesting. Not cool. I think you mistook what I said. Anyhow. That def sucks for AA that's gonna cost them money more than one way. All because some jackass

Comment

• DirectDrive

Splash one hacker.
                Site looks normal now.

Comment

Just received two emails from AA stating that my order has been placed but may be on back order. Only problem is, I haven't placed any order......

Anyone else getting emails like this from AA?

Comment

• wheelguner
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2011

Yeah, I got a bunch. This is on their home page:
                    Notice
                    If you received an unexpected e-mail message or messages regarding orders placed with us, please disregard these messages. These automated messages were generated in error for previously-placed orders. There is no concern for our customers. No orders were created in your account.

Comment

I called them earlier today and it is also on their greeting message.

Comment

• Tedward
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by wheelguner View Post
                        Yeah, I got a bunch. This is on their home page:
                        Notice
                        If you received an unexpected e-mail message or messages regarding orders placed with us, please disregard these messages. These automated messages were generated in error for previously-placed orders. There is no concern for our customers. No orders were created in your account.
                        Me too. I also got phone calls and they have my Beowulf ammo I ordered in May but canceled because I bought hundreds of rounds elsewhere. i told her that and she sounded pissed. Bahhaha, back at them....

Then I got all the notification on my other orders and tried to call but got the message. I think they finally turned there computers on and decided to ship some stuff.

They finally got my Beowulf Shirt in the mail I ordered in May too. Man the BO on cotton is a demanding thing too from AA. Must be all the rain killing the cotton trees.

Comment

• Sputnik
                          Warrior
                          • May 2013

This email received today:

Dear customer,

On Friday, August 23rd, our Online Store mistakenly sent order follow-up e-mail messages to any customer that has ever placed an order in our Online Store. If you do not currently have any open orders with us, you may disregard these messages. For customers with open orders, you will continue to be updated normally on your order.

Please take notice that no unauthorized access to your account in our Online Store has occurred and no new order has been placed on your account. This was simply an issue related to our e-mail notifications for previously-placed orders. Thank you for ordering with us. We greatly appreciate your business and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Alexander Arms Team

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
                            This email received today:

Dear customer,

On Friday, August 23rd, our Online Store mistakenly sent order follow-up e-mail messages to any customer that has ever placed an order in our Online Store. If you do not currently have any open orders with us, you may disregard these messages. For customers with open orders, you will continue to be updated normally on your order.

Please take notice that no unauthorized access to your account in our Online Store has occurred and no new order has been placed on your account. This was simply an issue related to our e-mail notifications for previously-placed orders. Thank you for ordering with us. We greatly appreciate your business and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Alexander Arms Team
                            Order date 1-12-13. 1st update 8-23-13, and that was apparently a mistake. What is this "normal" of which they speak?

Comment

Working...
                            X