• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHORT-N-SASSY
    Warrior
    • Apr 2013

The Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act

I today submitted the following Message-appeal to U.S. Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake:

"RE: The Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act (GVPSCA) sponsored by Representative William Pascrell (D-NJ) and Congressman Danny Davis (D-IL).

Dear Senator [McCain/Flake]:

I trust the Senator will see the GVPSCA for what it is: a financial cost deterrent for America's responsible, law-abiding Citizens, who acquire their firearms and ammunition through legal channels, while doing nothing to stop criminals, who acquire their guns through underground sources.

Respectfully,"
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

SNS:

Please check the history and status of this bill. It is over a year old and was done only to placate the sponsors base. It has never been brought up for a vote in any committee and has zero chance of being voted on or getting passed.

Good evidence that such a bill is serious is when the NRA contacts its members about the bill.

LR1955

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
      Warrior
      • Apr 2013

LR1955,

Thanks for the clarification.

Fact is: FOXNEWS.com moments ago still had the August 26, 2013 story, By Perry Chiaramonte, HIGHER GUN, AMMO TAX? Dems Propose Steep Hikes In Bid to Combat Violence, on their Home Page (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-with-new-bill), right under today's headline, US Inches Toward Decision on Syria.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
        Warrior
        • Apr 2013

UPDATE: NRA-ILA.org, August 27, 2013, Bill would trigger huge new taxes on guns, ammo http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/in...uns,-ammo.aspx

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
          LR1955,

Thanks for the clarification.

Fact is: FOXNEWS.com moments ago still had the August 26, 2013 story, By Perry Chiaramonte, HIGHER GUN, AMMO TAX? Dems Propose Steep Hikes In Bid to Combat Violence, on their Home Page (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-with-new-bill), right under today's headline, US Inches Toward Decision on Syria.
          SNS

If it becomes a threat, the NRA will notify its members. I also believe that this type of gun control by taxation idea has already been fought in court and our side won. I think it has come up a couple of times in the last thirty or so years, each one worded a bit differently but with the same results once challenged in court.

I wouldn't put too much faith in any news reporter. They have quotas and are constantly trying to get themselves put into a national spotlight.

LR1955

Comment

Working...
          X