X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebelsoul
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

nincomp, Since I live on the cutting edge of high fashion, I proclaim the "Black Rifle" is the new black...... I can't wait till huntin' season so that me and my friends here in the mead hall can talk about something fun. I plan to share some more "smoked venison" with the horde.
    "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
      There are some places that I would not want to be around armed citizens.

No link to the law.

Does the law protect or over rule private property rights ?

As an owner, conventionally, you can make the rules for your private property.

People can choose to come or not.

As far as Government (local/state/federal) property is concerned (as this will likely come up next in response), if I am REQUIRED to go into a Government building e.g to pay taxes, drop off/pick up kids or whatever, then we, as tax payers, effectively own the property and they cannot make property rights rules against us. This is my opinion.

Yes, this does mean that a private school may have a 'no guns' policy, or a 'no open carry' policy. But that is private, as opposed to public property. In that case I would remonstrate with them and their insurance company as to why they are taking full responsibility and LIABILITY for whatever happens to the children in the case of an event. Plus investigate finding another school.

YMMV.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-20-2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• rebelsoul
        Warrior
        • Jan 2014

+ 1 on the liability issue. If I were king, those who ordered the disarming would be subject to manslaughter charges if a death occurs.
        "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
          Warrior
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by cory View Post
          Nincomp everything changes once someone puts a gun to your face. . . .

Look at the mall shooting (Oregon I believe). The guy was shooting at anyone he get within his sights until a man pulled out his concealed weapon and got the scumbag in his sights. He never had to fire his weapon risking catching more innocent people in the crossfire. The scumbag pointed his weapon at his head and ended his life once he realized that gun was pointed at him.

Having or the real threat of having a gun pointed at your head will directly impact someones decision making. Recent history clearly demonstrates this.
          "Rodger's actions Friday night followed a perfectly predictable scenario. A mentally disturbed young man took guns and went to a gun-free zone where he unleashed his carnage. In Rodger's case, he used a knife and his car to create mayhem and casualties. Then, when the police closed in, he commited suicide." --- http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ization-death/

Comment

Working...
          X