X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam Lilja
    Warrior
    • Dec 2013

Ya, I don't remember electing any ATF officials to create and interpret US laws.

Comment

• Buster
      Warrior
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      On the same token, if I buy a big heavy Desert Eagle and only use it to drive nails, it has effectively been "redesigned" into a hammer.
      One time I used a Craftsman crescent wrench as a hammer, (it was all I had at the time and needed to hammer), and broke it. I took it back to Sears and they gave me a new crescent wrench,,,,,although the associate did try to sell me a hammer.

Comment

• MrDraco
        Warrior
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
        NO.

" The pistol stabilizing brace was neither “designed” nor approved to be used as a shoulder stock, and therefore use as a shoulder stock constitutes a “redesign” of the device because a possessor has changed the very function of the item. Any individual letters stating otherwise are contrary to the plain language of the NFA, misapply Federal law, and are hereby revoked."
        And by using this same logic, if you shoot a rifle one handed (as I've seen other people do with smaller calibers) I have thus "redesigned" the gun and legally made it into pistol. In order to redesign something, you have to physically alter it so it is made to perform differently, not simply use the item in a way the manufacture didn't intend. A wrench used as a hammer does not immediately become a hammer, it is still a wrench.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by MrDraco View Post
          And by using this same logic, if you shoot a rifle one handed (as I've seen other people do with smaller calibers) I have thus "redesigned" the gun and legally made it into pistol. In order to redesign something, you have to physically alter it so it is made to perform differently, not simply use the item in a way the manufacture didn't intend. A wrench used as a hammer does not immediately become a hammer, it is still a wrench.
          Which is exactly what we can expect a judge to tell them!

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

And what if you were to unintentionally shoulder a Thordsen buffer tube cover? It's not an arm brace.

Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

We used to use tripwire to defeat the 3rd Burst feature on the M16A2 and M4, especially when playing OPFOR, that way the guns would cycle as AUTO.

We never received authorization to do this, not from our commanders, and not from the ATF. Some NCO just showed us how to do it, so we could provide more realistic training for the units we were aggressing. I think I'll go turn myself in now....

What if I have the Sig Brace on an AR15 pistol, and I use it in accordance with an organized criminal enterprise's orders? Maybe like an organization that has been assaulting the Constitution since they were conceived? Am I an accomplice?

What if my family member uses a Sig Brace pistol to defend our home, but shoulders the device quickly because of life and death circumstances? Should they tell anybody that they shouldered the Sig Brace, or just withhold evidence?

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X