Federal ban on interstate transfers of firearms except thru an FFL is unconstitutal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buster
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

Federal ban on interstate transfers of firearms except thru an FFL is unconstitutal

Appears to be a HUGE decision:

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...
  • cory
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2012

I wonder if as a result of this we'll be able to buy suppressors and such from dealers in other states, avoiding the nasty fee of transferring it to an in state dealer.
    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Buster
      Warrior
      • Mar 2012

My understanding, living in the great state of Alabama, if I wanted to buy a firearm that was located in Kansas, why should I have to pay the FFL middleman?
      Why can't the gun store in Kansas take my 4473 info, run it, and then send me the firearm to my house when approved?
      Same information is going to the same place?!

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Buster View Post
        Excellent news! Thanks for the update.
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Savage Shooter
          Warrior
          • Dec 2014

Thank goodness for the Great State of Texas - lots of good judicial rulings coming out of there. Let's hope they can stem the tide of illegal immigration (read: future liberal voters) across their borders. Unfortunately, that ruling might only hold up for the Northern District of TX or TX itself and is probably non-binding on other States or Circuits if it holds up under appeal in the 5th Circuit (LA, MS, TX). But, it's a start in the right direction.
          My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• cory
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Savage Shooter View Post
            ...(read: future liberal voters)...
            I recent this because it's true, but it shouldn't be!!!

We're missing a huge opportunity here. The latin culture is very similar to our conservative culture. They're a God fearing, family centric, hardworking culture. I've worked with many a mexican some who barely spoke english and absolutely loved having them as coworkers. The biggest insult you could give them was to call any of them Lazy. That being said there are aspects of the culture, I believe, should be left behind, such as how the men often speak to women.

The beauty of immigration done the right way is that the best parts of the immigrants culture is added our culture while they assimilate into our culture for the most part. However, like I said that's immigration done the right way.

This country needs immigration. Through the generations we seem to lose the hard working culture that brought our ancestors to this country and we lose the appreciation for the freedoms we enjoy and freedoms our forefathers envisioned. A healthy level of immigration is vital to the future of our country.

The point of this, is we're pushing latinos away, when we should be reaching out and pulling them into our fold.

In full disclosure I'm a USMC Veteran, white country boy, who bartended his way through his engineering undergrad degree.

Note: Just in case it came off any other way, immigrants should speak and read english. The border should be CLOSED!
            Last edited by cory; 03-04-2015, 01:45 AM.

Comment

• Savage Shooter
              Warrior
              • Dec 2014

I am married to an absolutely wonderful Colombian woman - I met her in Medellin and went through the VERY rigorous and costly process of the K1 Fiance visa and all the bells and hoops after that. She didn't know a word of English when I met her, but she still studies every day to improve her english. My brother also is married to a Colombian woman, quite coincidentally from the same suburb of Medellin as my wife. So, I am certainly not against Latino people or their NATIVE culture OR LEGAL IMMIGRATION, but I am rock solid in Cory's corner - I believe ALL immigrants should learn their adopted countries language and assimilate. I actually was in communication with two friends today (one from Moldova and she married a German man and lives there and another, from Ukraine who married a Frenchman and lives in Paris. Both France and Germany required them to learn the local language in order to enjoy certain privileges (like getting a driver's license).
              My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

• rabiddawg
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2013

Damn what a hijack.
                Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
                  Damn what a hijack.
                  Yup, back to the issue at hand......

Comment

• cory
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2012

Sorry, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X