AR15 SBR build

• FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

I live in Florida. I built an sbr. You just have to fill out the atf form 1 and send them $200. Then wait to get it approved and the stamp back before you can build it. Don't know the current wait times but it took about 5 months when i did it a few years ago. You can do it in a trust or as an individual which you can look up pros and cons on. But on a side note, i don't know a suppressor that will say it can be used on a 7.5" grendel. Their might be one but my ultra 7 won't

Comment

• FLshooter
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
        I live in Florida. I built an sbr. You just have to fill out the atf form 1 and send them $200. Then wait to get it approved and the stamp back before you can build it. Don't know the current wait times but it took about 5 months when i did it a few years ago. You can do it in a trust or as an individual which you can look up pros and cons on. But on a side note, i don't know a suppressor that will say it can be used on a 7.5" grendel. Their might be one but my ultra 7 won't

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

Same process. Just fill out form 1

Comment

• Shooterrex
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2019

Pistol braces work well. The new Tailhook 2 I verry solid and adjustable for length of pull. Form 1 for a sbr if that's what you want. Lots of folks put a pistol brace on till the paperwork comes back. Then install a stock.

Comment

• FLshooter
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2019

Thanks for your advice.
              I called ATF. If I do an Eform 1, Then send the prince and photos within a week,the whole process should take 45 days,as of now.

Comment

• Bigs28
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2016

The form is easy. But the lower you use is always an sbr so you will have to notify atf if taking across state lines and stuff

Comment

• FLshooter
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2019

Comment

• Bigs28
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2016

To be clear if you build the firearm with the intent to shoulder it's a rifle and if it has the 7 inch barrel it's an sbr regardless of whether it's a "brace" or a "stock". I have an ar pistol and an sbr. The definition is based on intent. My ar pistol was built with the intention of being used as a pistol and situationally i might shoulder it.

Comment

• Bigs28
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2016

It's all silly. But the definitions are clear.

Comment

• Shooterrex
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jul 2019

I have AR pistols in 223, 9mm, 300, 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39, and 308 for a total of 9 pistols. 9x$200= $1800 of my money the government doesn't need. Braces work well and are a lot less money in the long run. Less government involvement in where I can take the pistols.

Comment

• FLshooter
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2019

Thanks Bigs, I get it.
                          And yes it is all silly.But I prefer to be safe and legal.

Comment

• FLshooter
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Shooterrex View Post
                            I have AR pistols in 223, 9mm, 300, 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39, and 308 for a total of 9 pistols. 9x$200= $1800 of my money the government doesn't need. Braces work well and are a lot less money in the long run. Less government involvement in where I can take the pistols.
                            You make a good point.The sensible thing for me to do is build an AR pistol and put a brace on it. I can take it from there.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                              Chieftain
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
                              To be clear if you build the firearm with the intent to shoulder it's a rifle and if it has the 7 inch barrel it's an sbr regardless of whether it's a "brace" or a "stock". I have an ar pistol and an sbr. The definition is based on intent. My ar pistol was built with the intention of being used as a pistol and situationally i might shoulder it.
                              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

Working...
                              X