• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • austin smyth
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2019

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
    6 to 8 really means 12-16, right?
    I?m sitting on 23 weeks for bartlein bbl and bolt. I guess I?m being punished for trying to cancel my order around 2 weeks in. Blank had already been ordered I was told.
    One thing I can say for Mark is he?s consistent every time you call your barrel is shipping next week.
    Merry Christmas all

Comment

• austin smyth
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2019

Barrel came in and whoa!

Got my Bartlein from Mark and any complaints about wait time are forgiven. Shot the first rnd (boresighted) cleaned bore and dialed the scope to poi/poa the next 4 went into .637"at poa. I said "alright we might have something here". This is with Hornady Custom 123 SST. I cleaned the barrel as per Precisions instructions for break-in. The next five went into .463" the dispersion was vertical so any variations were just within sd of the ammo.
      Cleaned again and thought id try some Hornady Black and that barrel put 5 rnds of it in .196".
      I proceded to ringing steel out to 600 for the rest of the ammo i had on hand and determined Mark sent me a true 1/2 MOA barrel. What was more impressive was that it can hold that with factory ammo and two different kinds and they both shoot to the same point of aim. I cant thank you enough Mark. If any one can explain how to post pics Id appreciate it.

Comment

• FLshooter
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

Originally posted by austin smyth View Post
        Got my Bartlein from Mark and any complaints about wait time are forgiven. Shot the first rnd (boresighted) cleaned bore and dialed the scope to poi/poa the next 4 went into .637"at poa. I said "alright we might have something here". This is with Hornady Custom 123 SST. I cleaned the barrel as per Precisions instructions for break-in. The next five went into .463" the dispersion was vertical so any variations were just within sd of the ammo.
        Cleaned again and thought id try some Hornady Black and that barrel put 5 rnds of it in .196".
        I proceded to ringing steel out to 600 for the rest of the ammo i had on hand and determined Mark sent me a true 1/2 MOA barrel. What was more impressive was that it can hold that with factory ammo and two different kinds and they both shoot to the same point of aim. I cant thank you enough Mark. If any one can explain how to post pics Id appreciate it.
        Click on the picture frame ion above. It will be self-explanatory you just pick where you want to take the pictures from and you upload them. But you may have the same problem I did ,you may have to downsize the file.

Comment

• austin smyth
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2019

IMG_3825.jpg6.5 g 1.jpg6.5 g 3.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]15333[/ATTACH

The clean cut holes on the left side are from a hole punch. I keep records.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by austin smyth; 01-20-2020, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

They are worth the wait if you want extreme accuracy from the AR15.

Just got a 12.5" Lilja and 10.5" Criterion from PF the end of last year.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• fostj10
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2019

UPS just handed me my 12.5 an hour ago. Ordered 12-13. 6 weeks I?ll take that. Now to install and hopefully send some down range this weekend. ThanKs Mark.

Comment

• Bigs28
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2016

Your going to love it

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by austin smyth View Post
                  I don't know why I am just now seeing this. But thanks for the report! Although its common from our customers I really do like seeing these reports!
                  Keep shooting straight! Oh and yeah good shooting on your part too!

Mark Hostetter
                  "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• Redomen
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2016

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2011

Send me an email with your questions. pf15@pf15.com
                      Will be glad to help you!

Mark Hostetter
                      "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• SDW
                        Warrior
                        • Jul 2018

Would these PF-made barrels still be available for ordering? The link on the first page is now a dead end.

Thanks.

Comment

• SDW
                          Warrior
                          • Jul 2018

^^^ On further search of the site, would they be these barrels?

This listing is for Barrel Only!!! 6.5 Grendel Precision Firearms Barrel Lead Lapped 1-8 Twist 7.5 to 20 inch Stainless Steel .720 inch Muzzle .750 Gas block - Medium HBar PF Bolt matched to barrel Optional Chambered in house to extreme match specifications Nickel Boron Extreme Precision Barrel Extension Test Fired with 3 rounds Gas Lengths available: Pistol 7.5-9.5, Carbide 10.5-12.5, Mid 12.5-16, Intermediate 16-18, Rifle 18-20 Options: Fluted with 6 flutes Front and Back Fluted with 8 Flutes Front and Back Fluted Diamond, Dimples 2 lbs 2 oz 16 Non-Fluted 2 lbs 5 oz 18 Non-Fluted 2 lbs 9 oz 20 Non-Fluted 6 Fluting takes about 10 oz off a 20 inch barrel Lead time Barrels are 10-12 weeks.

Comment

• Bigs28
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2016

Call mark. Not sure how often he checks in here.

Comment

• SDW
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
                              Call mark. Not sure how often he checks in here.
                              Thanks! I'll do that.

Comment

• Gator08
                                Unwashed
                                • Jun 2020

Anyone get theirs and have an accuracy report?

Comment

Working...
                                X