• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PrecisionFirearms
    Warrior
    • Apr 2011

Ammo Chamber Pressure Testing

In about 2 weeks we will be testing loads and creating new loads in conjunction with our new Chamber Pressure Testing Machine. This new rig will give us chamber pressures so we can develop new loads.

We will also test customer loads and give them a print out with muzzle velocity reading. Estimated cost to do this is $150. We will need at least 10 rounds of your loads.
    "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

Ideally, wouldnt you also need the end users rifle as well for an accurate reading, or is it close enough for horseshoes and hand gernades?

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
      Warrior
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by PrecisionFirearms View Post
      In about 2 weeks we will be testing loads and creating new loads in conjunction with our new Chamber Pressure Testing Machine. This new rig will give us chamber pressures so we can develop new loads.

We will also test customer loads and give them a print out with muzzle velocity reading. Estimated cost to do this is $150. We will need at least 10 rounds of your loads.
      Re the new WOLF 6.5mm Grendel Steel Case ammo 100-grain bullet muzzle velocity: 2600 fps, from a 20" barrel. Considering this performance represents some 200 - 250 fps less velocity than reported with brass cases, from a 20" barrel http://www.rifleshootermag.com/uncat...del-evolution/, it would be interesting to know the average chamber pressure of this new offering from WOLF.

Comment

• PrecisionFirearms
        Warrior
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Kikn View Post
        Ideally, wouldnt you also need the end users rifle as well for an accurate reading, or is it close enough for horseshoes and hand gernades?
        This testing is for baselining your handloads. Not your rifle. They will be tested in a Bartlein 24 inch 920 barrel.
        "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Very cool! I don't really have anything I would spend that kind money to test, but I think it's really neat that you are going to offer it. I hope you end up with a bunch of ammo to test.

Who knows what kind of surprises you might find that way? I can envision some good stuff coming out it, and wish you much success.
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
          X