• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PrecisionFirearms
    Warrior
    • Apr 2011

Precision Firearms asking for suggestions for new website

We are planning a new Website with improvements. Our customers over the last several years have asked for some changes. We would like all you folks to chime in and give us suggestions on improvements to our website. we would like to have this done by end of year.

For Example: One of the most common dislikes is the dark background with light fonts. We will be changing that to light background with dark fonts.
    "Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."
  • Butterbean
    Warrior
    • Oct 2012

The small, almost illegible boxes for choosing options (eg. shopping cart boxes say 'Ed' and 'Re', because the rest of the word cannot be seen). That's probably a part of the problem you mentioned above.
    Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF

Comment

• Walter
      Warrior
      • Jan 2013

Live inventory would be a good. There are way to many things on the left side of the page. I think you need to group more things. For each item there is a complete description so there is not much room on each page. If just a short description were used then many more items could be shown on a page. Then they could be selected if there was interest. Then there could be bigger print.

Comment

• velomaxx
        Unwashed
        • Sep 2014

Hello Mark,

If you are still collecting input on this, I see the site hasn't been changed yet, I would suggest making the left navigation similar from page to page. if I choose the Arion on the left side I would like to see the same list of choices on the left side as if I chose Katana, or 223 Wilde. This is of course unless there is a need for unique navigation at a lower level. It doesn't seem like you have this unique option in mind and it will make it easier to administer if the structure is consistent.

You may want a consistent format for all of the complete rifles, then one for uppers, one for lowers, etc., then individual components. You may want a template for each of these, so you just have to plug in the trigger, barrel attributes, stock, colors, weight, etc. It would make comparisons easier.

You might want a consolidated specials/sale/gunbroker/etc. category.

You do so much custom work, have such a diverse inventory, give so much advice, and are at so many events, it is hard to capture all of this on your site. Maybe links to some of these kinds of forums would help, if these arrangements are appropriate, allowed, or in your interest.

Larger images would be nice. I know you take some high res, high quality images, but that doesn't come through online.

I agree that the demonic sort of dark colors could be changed, though I never minded this.

Much of this is very subjective and you can get sucked in to a big time sink with these sites as I am sure you know. You seem to have a practical approach to things and I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

Comment

Working...
        X