X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

Just ordered two for my two Monster barrels. I almost forgot with all this 6 ARC brouhaha going on.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• stubshaft
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2020

I tried to order one and it stated that there were "no shipping options found". Please check on this or PM me so that I can order one.
      Joe
      If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong.

Comment

• Steamburn
        Warrior
        • Apr 2015

Ordered one. Thank you.

Comment

• D.Davis
          Warrior
          • Sep 2013

BFT, I got mine. They look good and thread right up. Dave

Comment

• tdbru
            Warrior
            • Dec 2019

BTF,
            mine came in. Looks very good. well well machined. nitride finish is very even everywhere on the FS. threaded right up no problem. i took your advice. cleaned threads both barrel muzzle and FS. drop of blue loctite. hand tightened. looks so much better than swirly bird cage thingy that i took off.
            thanks so much,
            -tdbru

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

MONSTER UltraLite three-prong flash suppressors are in stock and shipping.

You need muzzle devices for all those new builds, right?

Get a MONSTER! Lighter, at 1.6 oz, than the boring old A2, at 1.8 oz, and much, much more effective.

Looks cool, too.
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• SDW
                Warrior
                • Jul 2018

Posted this pic on different sub-forum. Here is mine on a BA 20" DMR barrel. Very smooth indeed. And a heck of a deal.

BTW, these might sell well in 1/2x28 thread size. Hint hint.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SDW; 06-24-2020, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Grendelshooter
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2017

Originally posted by SDW View Post
                  Posted this pic on different sub-forum. Here is mine on a BA 20" DMR barrel. Very smooth indeed. And a heck of a deal.

BTW, these might sell well in 1/2x28 thread size. Hint hint.

Comment

• SDW
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                    Or Advanced Armament Corp (AAC) has a tool if one wants to get fancy.
                    Somebody has to make a cheaper version of this tool. It's just too simple not to make and sell for a few bucks. It's not like a knockoff wouldn't work just as well. Could even be made of some kind of reinforced plastic.

Speaking of AAC.... I installed my Monster FH using one of their shims to time it, just for fun. The "green" shim, 0.012" thick, happened to be perfect to get my FH set with a slot at 12 o'clock, seen in my pic above. I know that flash suppressors are agnostic to barrel orientation, but there's something to be said for symmetry.
                    Last edited by SDW; 06-29-2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by SDW View Post
                      Speaking of AAC.... I installed my Monster FH using one of their shims to time it, just for fun. The "green" shim, 0.012" thick, happened to be perfect
                      Excellent info. Thanks!
                      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

U P D A T E: Just made a mail run and all orders from yesterday and today are on their way!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2015

Finally got off my backside and got a flash hider ordered.

Comment

• spoon
                            Unwashed
                            • Jan 2020

I was getting ready to place an order when I noticed the checkout page is not secured. I attached a screenshot.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• SDW
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                              Hand-tightened. I suppose if one didn't feel that was enough, one could wrap some tape on a screwdriver and gently torque it a bit. Or a drop of Loctite. Or a crush washer. Or Advanced Armament Corp (AAC) has a tool if one wants to get fancy.
                              I mentioned in an earlier post that it would be good to fine a much less expensive alternative to that $40 tool. After a long while I decided finally to search for one, in case anyone (like me) wants to get fancy but doesn't want to shell out almost $50.

Thorsden Customs sells an interesting little one that sells for only $10 (+ $4 to mail it). I ordered one and will report back, in case anyone else is interested:

The above tool is designed ideally for the subbier old GI type M16 three prong, but I don't know yet that it won't work fine with this Grendel flash suppressor. I don't imagine that very much torque is actually needed.

Additionally, Surefire also sells a wrench (socket?) for their own make of three-prong flash suppressors. It may also work fine with these new low-profile Grendel FSs. And it's also just $10:

Last edited by SDW; 09-09-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                                Warrior
                                • Dec 2015

i finally tested one tonight on a 12" grendel with wolf ammo. they really do work very well,
                                thanks bft i will order a couple more right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X