• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Two Tone
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2022

7 Weeks to 100 Pushups

Wife has like ZERO upper body strength. I used to be able to do 50 pushups in under a minute and would like to again.

So....wife and I are doing the Steve Speirs 7 Weeks to 100 Push-Ups.

Going well so far. Next Monday will be our 4th week.

Anyone else doing pushups?
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

TT:

So, tell us what being able to do 100 pushups has to do with marksmanship performance.

LR-55

Comment

• Two Tone
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2022

I'm hoping it helps her to carry and shoulder the rifle.

I'm new here but going by the subforum description, it seemed physical fitness was included in discussion topics. Incorrect?

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Two Tone View Post
        I'm hoping it helps her to carry and shoulder the rifle.

I'm new here but going by the subforum description, it seemed physical fitness was included in discussion topics. Incorrect?
        TT:

Physical fitness is certainly part of the discussion.

Just wanted to see if you could correlate pushups to marksmanship performance or were just pushing a fitness fad.

To me, any strength exercise will be good for marksmanship performance because of the obvious. Strengthens muscles and tunes neuronic connections so the movements are faster and more precise.

Won't get into pushups being good or bad. I did them for decades as part of my chest and back routine and still do some periodically. They ought to be great for what you want because they are tough on the core too which stabilizes the upper body.

You may want to throw in some lat training so as to balance out the chest work. A good thing to do when strength training is to work opposing muscles. I have bars and also some thirty dollar gymnastics rings. Set the rings so they are maybe three feet above the floor and get on your back and pull yourself up to them keeping the entire body rigid. Alternate the pushing with the pulling. Gymnastics rings are a real cheap piece of equipment and you can do almost an entire full body work out using them.

Don't forget to do your aerobic stuff. Walking, running, swimming, cycling -- something to do outdoors a couple times a week for an hour or so. Balances out the body, clears the mind, and gets the muscles working together.

LR-55

Comment

Working...
        X