• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by PVBoom View Post
    If its of no benefit why are bolt carriers coated in NiB or TiN?

An attempt to improve things, Marketing, point of difference. For you to do it after purchasing however, I am just saying that the carrier will work as is so I am wondering the cost/benefit. If the benefit is the satisfaction of tinkering or having a point of difference, or even a catalyst for discussion like on this forum then all good. As for practical benefit over what it already does, what do you think?

I would put that $155 towards a better barrel.

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Survey sez,No 1 answer!

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by PVBoom View Post
        If its of no benefit why are bolt carriers coated in NiB or TiN?

Its considered to reduce wear, increase lubricity and make cleaning easier.

As for the cost, he charges $155 for an entire pistol, which is a lot more work in terms of disassembly and assembly.
        If you have put a lot of rounds through your bolt carriers and they are not eating up the gas rings, then I have to agree with Klem. Mil spec is designed around a certain cartridge, powder and pressure. For us civilians, we use a plethora of different types of ammunition. If your BCG's have been working, "other than easier cleanup" I see little to gain for the money spent..

Comment

• PVBoom
          Warrior
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by FLshooter View Post
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          Survey sez,No 1 answer!
          Originally posted by Klem View Post
          An attempt to improve things, Marketing, point of difference. For you to do it after purchasing however, I am just saying that the carrier will work as is so I am wondering the cost/benefit. If the benefit is the satisfaction of tinkering or having a point of difference, or even a catalyst for discussion like on this forum then all good. As for practical benefit over what it already does, what do you think?

I would put that $155 towards a better barrel.
          I am already getting a Lilja for this one.
          Last edited by PVBoom; 06-28-2020, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X