Not Grendel but, Any Bullpup owners on here? IWI Tavor 7 vs. DesertTech MDRX....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdewitt71
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Not Grendel but, Any Bullpup owners on here? IWI Tavor 7 vs. DesertTech MDRX....

Looking at getting a 308 FDE Bullpup.....
    Either the IWI Tavor 7 or the Desert Tech MDRX.

Any onwers on here?

I use to have the Original Tavor in 5.56 was not bad rifle but, wanted a larger caliber.
    ― George Orwell
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Last edited by VASCAR2; 03-29-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• pacificpt
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2019

Since you said bullpup, I have the Kel Tec. It is in 5.56, 20" barrel. Significantly shorter than my 16" barrel AR platform rifles. Very good trigger, and the empties landing at your feet in a neat little pile is pretty cool. I am very happy with it. If they ever put out a Grendel version I will be standing in line to get one.

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by pacificpt View Post
        Since you said bullpup, I have the Kel Tec. It is in 5.56, 20" barrel. Significantly shorter than my 16" barrel AR platform rifles. Very good trigger, and the empties landing at your feet in a neat little pile is pretty cool. I am very happy with it. If they ever put out a Grendel version I will be standing in line to get one.
        They kinda promised one four or five years ago. I'm still waiting.
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• lazyengineer
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2019

AUG: I run an AUG. Very cool gun, but I will admit it's a bit heavy.

Tavor: My biggest disappointment with Tavor is they had 30 years of additional advanced development to put into play to beat the AUG. And managed to come out with a gun that didn't weigh any less, had a trigger that was actually worse, and wasn't any more accurate, and if anything worse. For about the same price. So.. not that impressed with TAVOR personally.

Kel-Tec has some very cool concepts and I think their RDB is a really neat gun. They figured out how to make it lighter, how to give it a good trigger, and do it all at about half the cost. But they have poor accuracy, and can have reliability issues. Classic Kel-Tec of having a really good radical new concept, get the development about 95% done or so; call 'er good and send that baby to production.... sigh - Oh Kel-Tec. And with that, there are issues with the Kel-Tec RDB, unfortunately.

None of the bullpups above tend to be all that accurate, which is disappointing. That said, if any of them were available in Grendel, I'd look damned hard.

Desert Tech has been quite the show. Their epic'ly poor release experience has pretty much wrecked their name and definitely destroyed their viewed integrity as a reliable provider. Maybe by now they got the kinks out, but it will be difficult to trust them. I want a sub MOA 6.5 CM bullpup, and was waiting for them to actually do that for years, and finally just gave up and stopped looking at them. Are they there finally?
          Last edited by lazyengineer; 03-30-2020, 03:44 PM.
          4x P100

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Comment

• AK10mm
              Unwashed
              • Sep 2020

I've had a KelTec RDB for about a year and a half. It's a newer model. With the exception of operator error, it's been totally reliable using M855 and M193. I only paid $749 new with shipping to Alaska.

I recently purchased an IWI X95 and haven't even fired it yet. I've got an Aimpoint ML3 on it right now, but may put my Vortex 3X prism scope on it.

Bullpup Forums has a lot of good information on any bullpup ever made.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Comment

Working...
                X