• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cwlongshot
    Warrior
    • Mar 2018

350 Legend AR Barrels

Im looking for a ew barrel and thought maybe the knowledge base here might shed some light for me.

Im building a 50 state legal semi auto rifle. I have chosen the Aries SCR as a lower. Wood furniture.

My wants;

Id like A 18" Barrel. Material not a requirement.

Id like a lighter contour for a weight savings.

Id like Pistol or Carbine gas system.

Id like 1:14 but 1:12 is fine too.

I dont require threading. This is a moot point mostly cause most all are threaded and I can permanently mount a muzzle device. (Some jurisdictions threading is evil. ;( )

Im not one with the deepest of pockets. But I realize where $$ need be spent.

Suggestions welcome

Thanks guys.

CW
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Can't help on where to find a barrel but what I can say is your looking for the wrong gas length for a 18 inch barrel.

At the least your going to want mid length gas and rifle length would be preferred length for a 18 inch barrel.

Pistol and carbine length is way to short.

Comment

• Bottomdweller
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2020

I have shot well over 100 game animals using a 35 cal. One whellen and one remington. That legend should be awesome! The amount of bullets available for it is crazy. You can shoot any 357 or 9mm bullets too. Interested too in a barrel.

Comment

• mdram
        Warrior
        • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Bottomdweller View Post
        I have shot well over 100 game animals using a 35 cal. One whellen and one remington. That legend should be awesome! The amount of bullets available for it is crazy. You can shoot any 357 or 9mm bullets too. Interested too in a barrel.
        the whelen and remington use a .358, wonder why they used .357 for the legend?
        just some targets for printing
        https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

The 35 Whelen has more velocity and tends to use rifle powders. The 350 legend is lower velocity and uses powder like H110. Using pistol diameter .357 gives a wide variety of bullets that will perform well at 350 Legend velocities. The 350 Legend is a modern straight wall rebated rim cartridge designed for semi autos but has similar performance to 357 Magnum or 357 Maximum which use a rimmed case which would not work well in an AR-15.

The 350 Legend is really marketed towards states that restrict the use of high power rifle cartridges.
          Last edited by VASCAR2; 07-27-2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• cwlongshot
            Warrior
            • Mar 2018

OOH ITS WORSE THEN THAT MDRAM... Winchester built it with a .355 barrel!!!

A5, Im wanting the shorter gas system and twist cause I want to shoot SUBS!! Otherwise a 1:16 would do anything I needed. I have that in a Bolt gun! I wont likly be using a supressor any time soon. But subs dont always "need" a supressor to be effectively used.

CW

Comment

• 41bear
              Warrior
              • Jan 2017

KAK, Faxon, and X-caliber. Also KAK offers a .358 version, handloaders only, with a 1-14 twist. Prices range from $150.00 to $300.00 (for the X-Caliber).
              "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

Working...
              X