• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick2001
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2021

.875 gas block and handguard clearance

Good morning.
    I am in the process of swapping a Grendel hunter 22" barrel with a 20" Bartlein.
    I was thinking to reuse the G.H. 19" free-floating handguard but then I remembered that the Bartlein comes with a.875 adjustable gas block.
    Checking the current setup I have noticed that the .750 gas block almost touches the handguard so I assume that the .875 will not fit.
    So, now I am looking for advice to find a free-floating handguard that will clear the new gas block, the size should be between 16" and 18".
    If the handguard has a barrel nut that needs no indexing is a plus
    Thank you in advance for the help

Current situation:

• lazyengineer
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2019

Yea, I ran into this with a PSA handguard and an Alexander Arms barrel, which uses that larger diameter too. I'm running the AA non-adjustible low profile gas block, and it fits. Barrely, and I had to file down one of the mounting screws that was sticking out still a bit, but it does fit. Thta's my best suggestion.

If it's a rifle length gas system, you generally don't really need adjustible, is my opinion.
    4x P100

Comment

• lazyengineer
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2019

I will add - I'm not a big fan of the current fad of very long handguards. I tend to prefer an exposed gas-block for the sleaker profile, weight savings, and access for maintenance. While carbine handguards are too short to really do this comfortably; I find mid-length handguards are plenty long enough. The hardest part is actually finding 9" handguards; everyone makes much longer ones now.
      4x P100

Comment

Working...
      X