• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 323Heiko
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2021

Henry H001 sight question

I recently purchased a Henry H001. It's my first lever gun. When I took it to the range for the first time it was shooting to the right 12 inches from the point of aim at 25 yards (indoor range). I adjusted the rear sight but in order to get the gun to hit where I am aiming the rear sight is noticeably off to the left side of the barrel. My guess would be about 3/8's of an inch maybe a little more.

I spoke with a few people at the range and no one thought this was normal. I also tried several different types of ammo with the same results. So i need help with henry h001 sights.

I'm wondering should I contact Henry or is this a normal occurrence?
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

That is not normal.

Most likely the barrel is not aligned with the receiver.

I bet if you put the rifle in a cradle on the ground and if you straddled it and looked straight down you would see the barrel is pointed to the right in relation to the receiver.

You need to contact Henry because it was made that way.

LR55

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I suggest you contact Henry as they have very good customer service. My kids gave me a Henry H001 for Christmas several years ago. My rifle shot way to high. I contacted Henry and they offered to let me send in my Henry but I decided to fix it myself. I bought a different adjustable rear sight which fixed the issue. Henry had recently changed the front sight and there were numerous reports of H001 shooting high.

You might look at the front sight and see if it is canted to one side and not setting square with the receiver. There is a screw on my front sight base where it holds the magazine tube to the barrel and incorporates the front sight. You might be able to move the front sight into proper alignment after loosening the screws. It is also possible the barrel is not square with the receiver and should probably be sent back to Henry.

Comment

Working...
      X