• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Micke
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2021

A "thank you" to Odin Works

When I signed up, I mentioned that I'd bought a PSA 6.5 Grendel barrel/bolt combo on sale. I've built that into an upper but haven't shot it yet.

Since then, I bought an Odin Works 6.5 Grendel barrel - 20" DMR. I built an upper for that with info I found here and from Bill Alexander and Joe Carlos.

I'm a DIY amateur gunsmith (on my stuff only) and have been for 40 plus years.

I traveled to the NRA Whittington Center today and had 5 to test and sight in.

The Odin Works barrel is not nearly broken in yet but is exceeding my expectations and it is doing it with factory ammo (Hornady Black 123gr ELD-M)

So thank you Odin Works! It's the best AR barrel I own!

The other new rock star today was a Volquartsen Black Mamba 22LR. After only 20 rounds, it is already crazy accurate with SK match ammo!

The sight-in range at NRAWC is down for rebuild indefinitely so they are allowing centerfire sight in on the 100 yard rimfire range. That's where I shot today.
  • BlogSarge
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

Comment

• Micke
      Unwashed
      • Jun 2021

Thanks for the info, BlogSarge. Good to know.

New, out of the box, I got a slight amount of turqoise (copper) color out of it with CR-10.

I didn't have nearly enough time with it yesterday at the range but I cleaned and copper stripped twice - though I saw no signs of copper. .

I cleaned it just now and while the Hornady Black ammo seems to make a lot of soot, the CR-10 didn't produce any turqoise color.

I think maybe I'll go to just a quick pass or two with CLP after each range session, dry patch before each.

I put 20 rounds through it yesterday.

It's cherry picking but the final 3 round group yesterday was .493" ctc.

Comment

• BlogSarge
        Warrior
        • Nov 2018

Comment

• Micke
          Unwashed
          • Jun 2021

Good to know. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X