• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmc1371
    Warrior
    • Aug 2011

corealis effect info

does anyone in the horde have a source on corealis effect? maybe one of the former military snipers have a source. will a military sniper manual have that info? im looking for info so i can add it to my data book for my grendel...any info is helpful.
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Bryan Litz knows his stuff regarding ballistics, and you might find some helpful insight on this link:

Web hosting and free web hosting from Bravenet.com. Build your website with our easy webpage builder, web tools, web services, and free website content.

In a very basic sense, this short vid might offer a helpful perspective:

The Shooter app for Android phones can apply the coriolis effect. I use that app, but not that particular function since I think it's somewhat irrelevant at the distances I usually shoot (~600 yards or less).

I believe that the Shooter app uses the same data found on the JBM Ballistics website, both of which I find to be excellent for my use. Also, I think Bryan Litz had a hand in much of the data on those sources.
    Last edited by Drifter; 04-28-2012, 04:07 AM. Reason: corrected spelling
    Drifter

Comment

• usmc1371
      Warrior
      • Aug 2011

drifter, thanks again.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

USMC1371, I'm at Boomershoot, helping run a Precision Long Range Rifle course and sitting here eating dinner with LRRPF52, LR1955, and Milanuk (Who shoots for the US F Class team and owns a world championship and a couple National Championships) and we are 100% convinced that there is no significant coriolis effect that needs to be considered when shooting the Grendel, it simply will not shoot at a distance lengthy enough for it to be significant.
        Last edited by bwaites; 04-28-2012, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• Drifter
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
          ...there is no significant coriolis effect that needs to be considered when shooting the Grendel, it simply will not shoot at a distance lengthly enough for it to be significant.
          I've heard that shooting at distances less than a mile makes the coriolis effect somewhat irrelevant, but I'm not speaking from personal experience.
          Drifter

Comment

USMC1371, I'm at Boomershoot, helping run a Precision Long Range Rifle course and sitting here eating dinner with LRRPF52, LR1955, and Milanuk (Who shoots for the US F Class team and owns a world championship and a couple National Championships) and we are 100% convinced that there is no significant coriolis effect that needs to be considered when shooting the Grendel, it simply will not shoot at a distance lengthy enough for it to be significant.
            I agree with bwaites. after talking with my cousin,a current US Marine sniper, he adds that they have experienced very little coriolis effect at any thing under 1400 -1500 yards. FWIW.

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

I'd say that's convincing enough for me coming from these guys.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• usmc1371
                Warrior
                • Aug 2011

that is good enough for me. that simplified things..... thanks gents......

Comment

I will surely give that try.

Comment

I agree with Waites.. Maybe howitzers, or naval gunfire need to consider the coreolis effect, but for most rifle shooters inside 1000 yards, it isn't as much of a factor as how well you can hold your rifle, and dope wind.

Comment

Working...
                    X