• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by feetpiece View Post
    Sorry Colt, POF and LWRC. When it comes to a rifle good enough for the lowest common denominator (grunt) and not just games and mall-ninja's, someone found their offerings lacking.
    Only one quibble with that part. As you already noted, Colt didn't enter any 7.62's back then. Time will tell going forward though. I have quite a bit of confidence in them when they set their sights on something. The 901 platform should develop nicely from here on out. One more addition--- Colt does bring something new to the board in the 7.62 platform (albeit of very limited application ). The 901 is compatible with drop in auto sears, and I just happen to have a registered one. I have no illusions that it'll be controllable in carbine configuration, but I got to rock it just because I can!LOL
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Shmead View Post
      ok so I thought that 7.62 NATO was higher pressuered than the 308? Now u guys are confusing me, haha. I want a barrel that will shoot both, considering I will not always be buying or loading the NATO stuff. It's just more practical to run 308 rounds being as theyre easier to come by. I would occasionally run some Nato rounds if I come across them or want ya kno?

feetpiece. I have no desire to swap calibers, although that sounds good for what if situations later on in the future. I'll have to look into that.
      SM:

You can probably load some .308 ammo to higher pressures if you want. It isn't an absolute.

And you can shoot 7.62 NATO from your AR-10 blaster without a problem. You will also probably notice an increased recoil and more noise.

Where guys can get into problems with the LC stuff is if they use short throated chambers. Most likely not with your blaster but with match rifles, it could be a problem with 852 and 118. Not a problem with M-80.

Just don't pull-push 7.62 NATO LC ammo with a bullet that is heavier or much different in shape than that found on the original load.

LR1955

Comment

LR1955: OK thanks preciate the info. More than likely I'll just be running 308 but for those just in case moments I'd like to be able to shoot both.

Comment

---> Edited. I went too far off topic.
          Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2012, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

Guys:

The AR-10 went pretty far but it was of value to guys who are new to the blaster game.

Time to draw the line so if you all want to talk about pistols and firearms manufacturers, go to a pistol or firearms manufacturer forum.

LR1955

Comment

Working...
            X