Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballistic Calculator

Hello,

I was looking around for an app and came across Ballistic AE for the Iphone.
    It is pretty nice. You all are probably familiar with it. It does not have any Grendel rounds heavier than 130, but really has a nice layout. I got the $20 dollar one. It is amazing how much down range energy the 123 Scenar has. It out performs the .308 175 grainer down range starting around 600 on out. The app has a section for a range log
    etc.
    Anyone know of a nicer app please let me know, thanks.
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by invisiman View Post
    Hello,

I was looking around for an app and came across Ballistic AE for the Iphone.
    It is pretty nice. You all are probably familiar with it. It does not have any Grendel rounds heavier than 130, but really has a nice layout. I got the $20 dollar one. It is amazing how much down range energy the 123 Scenar has. It out performs the .308 175 grainer down range starting around 600 on out. The app has a section for a range log
    etc.
    Anyone know of a nicer app please let me know, thanks.
    Invisiman:

No Grendel stuff past 130 grains? You mean it has no data for 140 grain 6.5mm bullets at about 2200 fps? Plug in the bullet weight, BC, and velocity and you will be fine.

LR1955

Comment

LR,

You are right, thanks. Is it a good idea to shoot the heavier rounds (140 +) out of a 16 inch tube?

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by invisiman View Post
        LR,

You are right, thanks. Is it a good idea to shoot the heavier rounds (140 +) out of a 16 inch tube?
        Invisiman:

It is perfectly safe but your velocity will be pretty low. Guys can stuff about 30 grains of ball powder into a Grendel case with a 120 or 123 grain bullet length. Stuff a 140 into a Grendel to magazine length and you will probably be left wtih a 25 grain cartridge. That ought to be pretty slow.

LR1955

Comment

Would it work for Android? Is it available?

Comment

Working...
          X