More Chrony reports!! ((WARNING!)) lots of pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The round on the right was seated to 2.265" and then chambered from a magazine. The round on the left was seated to 2.320", chambered by hand, released the bolt (check bolt for full battery), and removed with wood dowel. After it was removed it measured 2.309". The Sharpie acts like glue; they were both difficult to remove by comparison to no Sharpie.

With out the use of a dowel for removal; both projectiles would have both stayed in the bore, using just the bolt/charging handle to extract them.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2012, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Very nice pictures!

Are those rub marks on the right-hand one also?

Comment

yes, just rub marks, not land marks, but enough to pull the projectile out of the case.

Comment

Sounds like your bullet is contacting the throat - If I have the definition right, it is the conical section that takes the diameter from that of the bullet to that of the lands. The taper is rather shallow at only a degree or so, but it will grab your bullet!

Comment

5/7/12

Weather: 80*f, RH 65%, Elev. 2100ft, Baro. 28 inHg

Range: 100yds

CFE223 does't like the warm weather!

Comment

Images for the brass that day Brass Pics

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

2700 FPS with a 130! Wow!

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Just looked at the pictures of your brass with that load. 3 popped primers and really flat other wise.

However, backing off 1/2 grain might be interesting.

Comment

Ya, it was a very warm day. I will definitely be moving down a grain or more for summer loadings!

Comment

• txgunner00
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Your loads must be very compressed. 30.5 gr of 8208 in a fire formed case? 29 gr fills the case to the bottom of the neck on FF IMI brass and I was getting flattened primers at that charge. I'm loading 30 gr in Hornady Grendel brass for 100 Amaxes. Be careful pushing the limit.
                      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Bwild, great work. I have to ask the burning questions tho.. Is the chrono fully opened & how far -muzz. to front of chrono? 10-12 ft. is marginal-try 15-18 ft. I went to the range last spring-rain was coming so I hurried-the chrono was not fully open by 2mm=250 fps more on all shots, my pal from federal was there with his .270 ammo boxes, speed data on the back, he noticed a whoops in the data-redid the setup shot 10 more= correct vel., then the rain started. Learned a lot that day. Try these w/ a diff. chrono-if this data is spot on--Wow! We have a turbo powder for the Grrrr! Hey, just a picky guy-great camera work too BTW !

Comment

Your loads must be very compressed. 30.5 gr of 8208 in a fire formed case?
                          My FF 7.62x39 brass holds 35.5gns of water. 30.5grns of 8208 comes just above the base of the neck, 100gn Amax seated @ mag length, the boattail sits just below the neck/shoulder junction, so there is a little compression.

Not flat, but they are cratered.

Bwild, great work. I have to ask the burning questions tho.. Is the chrono fully opened & how far -muzz. to front of chrono?
                          Yes, it is fully open, I read the booklet very carefully. For me, Accurate and quality data is Paramount!

This is about 15ft

Try these w/ a diff. chrono-if this data is spot on--Wow! We have a turbo powder for the Grrrr! Hey, just a picky guy-great camera work too BTW !
                          I apologize, but I do not have access to a different Chronograph, or I certainly would have checked for concurrence!

And thank you Sneaky!

Comment

• txgunner00
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bwild97 View Post
                            My FF 7.62x39 brass holds 35.5gns of water. 30.5grns of 8208 comes just above the base of the neck, 100gn Amax seated @ mag length, the boattail sits just below the neck/shoulder junction, so there is a little compression.

Not flat, but they are cratered.
                            Intersting. What what does an empty piece of that Fiocchi brass weigh?
                            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

The Avg. Wt. in 10 pieces of Fiocchi brass is 126.76gns

Comment

• PumpActionJackson

dont mean to de-rail the thread but is that an old samurai?! SWEET!

Comment

Working...
                                X