Grendel mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grendel mags?

Jesus! Is C-Products the only ones that make magazines for the Grendel? Can you jimmy-rig anything else to work? This could be an old topic from the previous site, sorry.

alexander arms has them for like 16 bucks. I just ordered some. I dont know if C-Products manufactures for them or not but at 16 bucks you really cant lose.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Currently CProducts is the only manufacturer, although there are at least promises and development from 2 or more others.

AA has mags in stock currently.

Comment

Who are the other 2 bwaites? I'd buy them from AA but I live in Wa and don't want to pay an arm and a leg to ship. I usually get AA products from Impact Guns.

Comment

• rasp65
          Warrior
          • Mar 2011

You might try 44 Mag http://www.44mag.com/category/6_5_gr...ar15_magazines
          They are in Oregon.

Comment

WTF! 6 months ago when I ordered from AA I had to pay $32 for 1 magazine. Now they're $15.99.

Comment

• MrSurgicalPrecision

CProducts is out of business. I just got off the phone with AA and they confirmed that. I ordered 6 of the 10 rounders last week and they told me to expect them in 2-4 weeks. Not sure who is making them now.

Comment

I'll try to summarize from threads I've seen at ARFcom.

C Products went out of business--Cliff Notes version is because of a lawsuit. The party that won the suit, a coating applier, got the old C Products tooling and is offering mags for sale under the new brand, Ammo Storage Components LLC http://www.ammosc.com/. No idea if they have Grendel mags in stock. The father/son duo who were not on the winning end of the suit, but seem to have much support from followers on ARFcom (me included), are restarting their mag business as www.lcjwholesalestore.com. As of the time of this poist, they list 20 Grendel 25-round mags in stock, per their website.

Also note that D&H mag is supposed to release a new 6.8 SPC mag later this month, through Bravo Company (?). Although I haven't seen these 6.8 mags, I do wonder if they might be also handle the Grendel round because my 6.5 and 6.8 C Products mags look identical except for the follower color. TBD on this one.

Comment

• CoolBarrelBill

I ordered two 30 rd mags from http://shop.lcjwholesalestore.com/30...l-Magazine.htm Monday evening and they shipped the next day. should be here today.

Comment

• MrSurgicalPrecision

I wish Magpul would get into the Grendel arena *sigh* but I've heard they have no interest because they can't make the polymer thin enough for Grendels *sigh again*

Comment

I just ordered two 5 round and one 25 round mags from Ammunition Storage Components out of New Britian, CT. They appear very well made. Not sure if they are the same as C-Products, but heard they were purchased by ASC. I will let you how well they work after I get to the range this weekend.

Comment

• longdayjake

Just FYI. I own both 6.5 and 6.8. The ammo of both can be used in a 6.8 mag and vise versa. Just buy 6.8 mags if you are that worried about it. They work.

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by longdayjake View Post
                          Just FYI. I own both 6.5 and 6.8. The ammo of both can be used in a 6.8 mag and vise versa. Just buy 6.8 mags if you are that worried about it. They work.

Which brand? I tried PRI 6.8's (the waffle mags) and they didn't work.

Comment

• longdayjake

Which brand? I tried PRI 6.8's (the waffle mags) and they didn't work.
                            Really? What happened to make them not work?

Comment

• sneaky one
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Contact Erik at mags.llc. He's a great guy to deal with, he's in CT, he dealt with C P all the time. I just got a C p 10 rnd. Gren mag. , and the lips still need adjusting upwards. I think their poor quality put them out of business. Hurry up D&H !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X